Now I remember why....

Help Support CattleToday:

I was thinking about going to visit you one of these days, but with all these snakes....

Praise the Lord and pass me a copperhead!

Angus Cowman":18geqiz8 said:
Jogee what kind of snakes are those? we have copperheads and some timber rattlers around here but not nearly as many snakes per capita as you ,think I will stay in Mo you keep the snakes in Georgia

Its just an oak snake. They are harmless but do sometimes have bad attitudes. I forgot to tell a fella I work with about her being in the drawer. Well he found her today. :lol2:

Jamal Jones":2zvbwvbv said:
You are one crazy white boy! I aint ever touchin no snake no sir!

JJ, if you hang around that barn long enough you will surely get your chance. :nod:

Jogeephus":dr9ac5k0 said:
Angus Cowman":dr9ac5k0 said:
Jogee what kind of snakes are those? we have copperheads and some timber rattlers around here but not nearly as many snakes per capita as you ,think I will stay in Mo you keep the snakes in Georgia

Its just an oak snake. They are harmless but do sometimes have bad attitudes. I forgot to tell a fella I work with about her being in the drawer. Well he found her today. :lol2:

That forgetfulness wasn't intentional was it Jo :lol: :lol:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol2: :lol2: Honestly it wasn't. I didn't know he needed to open the drawer. He was a little miffed at me for not telling him. :lol2:

Angus Cowman":1ha0kziw said:
Jogeephus":1ha0kziw said:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol2: :lol2: Honestly it wasn't. I didn't know he needed to open the drawer. He was a little miffed at me for not telling him. :lol2:

didn't need a clean pair of jeans did he

Nah, he knew what it was when he saw it but they still startle you. He's sees a lot of them like me. But a year ago he did have to go home and change his drawers. Honestly. We were working on some land and he radioed me that he had to go home. Turns out he stepped in a den of diamondbacks. When he looked down there were 16 around his feet with one big one rared back fixing to nail his calf. I'm pretty sure that rattled him pretty good cause he had to go home - I think to change his pants. He wasn't worth shooting for three days after that either.

dang joegee im going to bust a gut laughing at your snake adventures.i dont blame your buddy id crapped my pants to if i did that.an i prolly wouldnt have gone back to work for a day or 2.

I'm going to quit complaining about the cold...we have a bull snake breeding spot on the place and am glad for it....haven't seen a rattler since I left Arizona...and am not missing them or am getting to blind to their presence.
Way more reptile handling for my taste....your are a good man Jo.
DMc

Summer stuff keeping me busy...thinking about retiring but it's like Susie says....you keep talking retirement but you keep breeding them d#@$% cows. Besides, business has never been better, could have sold six more steers by the piece this season and was sending folks to my cronies for freezer beef.
Have some time before winter sets in to get things cleaned up around here.
Did manage to get the barn full of hay to last the winter and will even put a few more gals on the payroll before prices start to rise again...mighn't even get some extra steers.
Thanks for asking....Dave Mc

Latest posts