Now I know what alternative animals are

Help Support CattleToday:

Hey Dun, get me a couple of Belties. I'll come round to pick them up. You don't see them around here but rarely and I would like a couple! ;-)

Lammie":11ofgpd0 said:
Hey Dun, get me a couple of Belties. I'll come round to pick them up. You don't see them around here but rarely and I would like a couple! ;-)

What, no kangaroos?

dun":2ahkrnlh said:
Lammie":2ahkrnlh said:

What, no kangaroos?

I think they could beat up on the donkeys. I didn't see them on the list! Kangaroos? If my better half saw that, he'd be interested. I have a brother in law in Missouri. He can't keep cattle for me, but he can keep a roo in his garage...

Lammie":34pc0suv said:
dun":34pc0suv said:
Lammie":34pc0suv said:

What, no kangaroos?

I think they could beat up on the donkeys. I didn't see them on the list! Kangaroos? If my better half saw that, he'd be interested. I have a brother in law in Missouri. He can't keep cattle for me, but he can keep a roo in his garage...

I can only imagine what the barn cat would do if it saw a capibara wandering around. A roo would really make her nuts. I must have seen too many Sylvester cartoons with them in it.

I really want a capibara! I have always thought they were the coolest! Please Dun will ya get me one? Please please??? I'll take good care of it! I promise!

Who thought of putting all those kinds of animals in one group? Is it legal to sell exotics like that? I can see it. Someone gets a breeding pair of wallaroos and then when they don't like them anymore, they turn them loose, and pretty soon, Middle America is overrun by them! Like Emus!

Run! Run for your lives!!

Boing, boing, boing...

Lammie":sz0i3prl said:
Who thought of putting all those kinds of animals in one group? Is it legal to sell exotics like that?

Some of them may require a license to own, never cared enough to check into it.
Last year a local wild animal park closed down and sold out, it's open again now, and there were strange looking trailers from all over the country that showed up.
I kind of like the Yak, I wonder how it would cross with Red Angus or Hereford.

You know, the guy across the road from us has Bison and Steve just chomps at the bit to get one! They kinda scare me. Too big. Now, if a yak is smaller and just as hairy and smelly, then I might could hang with that...

How about a Yak/Beltie cross? Belted Yakoway??? :D

I totally forgot about those Sylvester cartoons with the kangaroo!!! OMG! I never got tired of those! I can see that freakin out a barn cat. Not to mention my weenie dogs!

I would LOVE to go to that sale just to see the animals. Too bad it's so far away. I bet the prices will be high for some of those exotics.

:heart: I really, really , really want a camel. Would you find me one? I have a llama to be his buddy! :p He or she will
have a loving , forever home. Also have a vet willing to learn'how to treat camels. Just pack em up and send em to me!
:nod:

What is it with you Missourians and your weird animals??? When the wife and I were out there in July we stopped by the stock market in Macon, MO. They were having one of those exotic animal sales. Never seen so much weird stuff in all my life. Giraffes, camels, buffalo, cats, ... Anything you can think of was there. Kind of sad. Most of them were in less than ideal health. I would imagine when the novelty wears off, most of these animals will be neglected and wind up in another sale to go home with some other poor sap. When we left the sale in Macon the wife and I were both thoroughly disgusted.

cfpinz

holly heifer":1g94eryk said:
:heart: I really, really , really want a camel. Would you find me one? I have a llama to be his buddy! :p He or she will
have a loving , forever home. Also have a vet willing to learn'how to treat camels. Just pack em up and send em to me!
:nod:

Steve and I looked at a farm in Valley Mills, TX and saw camels there. It made Steve want one, too. He wants two of everything, I think.

A guy up the road seems to rotate among various bizarre animals. He had a giraffe at one time, he's had camels, emus, zebras, some kind of bizarre looking deer critters. One type of animal will be there for a while then something different will show up then maybe back to the old one or on to something different. You never know what you're going to see standing by the fence when you go by.

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but exotics are kinda of a thing around here.

How about a Yak/Beltie cross? Belted Yakoway??? :

NO-NO ~~~ A MINI Belted Yakoway!!!!!!!!!!

Gale Seddon":1uwz0zyj said:
A little something for everyone here:

http://www.mcrobertsgamefarm.com/index.htm

(Hope I didn't post this twice, but maybe....)

Daggone Gale! Those are some nice donks they got there, but I ain't getting 3500.00 for mine! Some of those were some wooley boogers! I love the chery sorrels, though. Would love to see some of those in my pasture.

Lammie, I think that farm has sold some for much more than that (at some of those select sales). But I'd sure want to see what was UNDER all that hair before I paid!

I like sorrels and reds also, but I take exception when someone says a donkey's only "fault" is that it's gray! Excuse me???