Nov 4th

Help Support CattleToday:

Get it done and we can try it out in April on Calcaseiu. Those ol sow trout will be awaiting. You are going to Houston to get this done?

The Fondren Group is as good as it gets! I know a few of them and their nurses. Its all about the rehab and doing what they tell you. No more but no less. Good luck. You're in good hands.

CB, I wish I would of waited until January to get my neck surgery done. I had to much to do this fall and I over did it, the best advice I can give you is, just remember to take it easy. It'll be 6 weeks Tuesday since I was operated on, and I still have numbness in my hand. But no neck or elbow pain, and no headaches even after driving 450 miles non-stop.

Balin' Wire":9xfz1ve3 said:
The Fondren Group is as good as it gets! I know a few of them and their nurses. Its all about the rehab and doing what they tell you. No more but no less. Good luck. You're in good hands.

I figured if I got backed into a corner I was going to the best.
There is no do over's on eyeball's, brains or the spinal cord.

Balin' Wire":2monmfnm said:
Its all about the rehab and doing what they tell you. No more but no less.

Absolutely! That's just as important as the surgery.

All the best to you Caustic. You've got this.

Talking M&M's............ :lol2: :lol2: :hide:

Caustic Burno":3ivrjzj2 said:
houstoncutter":3ivrjzj2 said:
Get it done and we can try it out in April on Calcaseiu. Those ol sow trout will be awaiting. You are going to Houston to get this done?

Yep Fondren Group.

I got my back done there last year. Will be a year October 30th feeling better. I don't recomend stays in a hospital but I will admit I had a good time there very nice people all my nurses and staff were great. The food is pretty darn good too especially for a hospital even had a steak one day and the deserts were really good my mom was buying extra and taking home to my dad. when my family came to visit they were all getting deserts. Good luck CB hope it goes good for you.

I have heard nothing but good things about them. I have had
surgeries before still trying to get my head wrapped around spinal surgery.

Surgery and spinal column in my little mind don't belong in the same sentence.

Your throat will be so sore you won't want to swollow. Eating cracked and shaved ice is what seemed to relieve the pain the most for me.

Caustic Burno":1nhcdx3f said:

I understand completely. That's how I feel about eyes and surgery. Makes me think of electricity and water.......they don't go together. But in these cases, it works.

Caustic Burno":t10e0dp3 said:
I have heard nothing but good things about them. I have had
surgeries before still trying to get my head wrapped around spinal surgery.

Back surgery is not as bad as it sounds. I had surgery in the morning slept most of the day woke up around 7pm was up walking a little later. The worst part is when they start pulling stuff out of you.

The doctor said they were going to use titanium plates and cadaver bones, but it looks like they used a chain link to me. My doctor said everything looks great, and I can start exercising again. I'm going to start physical therapy tomorrow and hopefully get some more movement in my neck and shoulders. CB, your shoulders will be really sore also. They pull your shoulders down as far as possible and that stretchs the muscles and tendons. It feels like someone hit you between the shoulders with a bat.

Latest posts