Nov 22 Photo Contest

Help Support CattleToday:

Videos would be best.

Ken
I wish I had taken a video of the dog I pictured above. We had him for less than 24 hours before my wife was convinced he wouldn't be a good fit for us. I had warned wife, when she described it him, that it was a bad idea before she brought it home as a companion for our dog. She insisted it was a nice calm gentle dog......
He's a mature dog, and 1/2 heeler and............................1/2 pit bull.
(Once she got it here,it actually only took about 20 seconds for her to realize I was right when I told her he wouldn't work out)

I wish I had taken a video of the dog I pictured above. We had him for less than 24 hours before my wife was convinced he wouldn't be a good fit for us. I had warned wife, when she described it him, that it was a bad idea before she brought it home as a companion for our dog. She insisted it was a nice calm gentle dog......
He's a mature dog, and 1/2 heeler and............................1/2 pit bull.
(Once she got it here,it actually only took about 20 seconds for her to realize I was right when I told her he wouldn't work out)
I forgot to finish this.
What she tried to do was.............
"I'll just introduce him to the cat and he'll leave it alone just like our other dog does."
Our old dog has been around the cat ever since both were young and get on well and play a lot except the dog once butted the cat off into the deep end of the swimming pool. Cat swam like a fish over to the side and jumped right on out.
cat& old dog share a blanket.
KIMG0202[888].jpg

Me:
"Our dog was a young dog and not a full grown1/2 heeler/pitbull. This one has been chasing cats his whole life and it's bred into him anyway. You not going to get it out of him".

Her:
"Oh I think I can..he's really nice and friendly. He'll learn."

So, the dog is on a leash, tied around the brick post, and she unhooks the dog from the leash and he walks over where I'm sitting. She goes and fetches the cat from where it's been wisely hiding ever since she brought new dog out, and tells me to unhook the leash from the upright. "I'm thinking "Sh*t is fixin to happen here" but she who must be obeyed gets her wish and sure enough, as soon as wife kinda holds cat out at arms length, them pit bull ears go forward and both animals go nuts. Dog leaps up toward the cat,, cat breaks loose from her hands, crawls up her arm and perches itself on her shoulder, arched back with foreclaws embedded in her hair, snarling and squalling while dog has got it's fore feet up on her waist pretty much trying to murder the cat. Finally, cat scampers on up the side of wife's head, leaps up on top of the pergola and onto the roof of the house.
Wife looks like she seen a ghost, blood coming from her right cheek and I just said "Told ja".

Cat won't come down even after I tied the dog back up and wife is beside herself and i told her "She ain't coming down. She thinks you just tried to feed her to the dog. I'll get her to come down later after the dog is gone. "

Wife:
"Ok, I guess I better take him back..this isn't going to work"

"Ya think?"

It was worth it. You know how few times in 29 years it has been crystal clear that I've been right?
Besides, discretion being the better part of valor, I was just doing what my father-in-law advised me to do lo so many years ago (God rest his soul).
"Sometimes son, you just gotta let'em do what they wanta do"

Latest posts