Notifications for threads - Angie?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Am I missing something? I get one notice a day "Yesterday's Forum Activity (from CattleToday)"
If you click on a subject you have responded to, it may start at a spot before your post - or after - or where ever????
If you click on one you have not responded to, it still may start any place - should start at the beginning.
If you post a thread, you don't get notified when someone has responded.
Very annoying. I think it slows down getting active conversations. No one knows when someone is trying to communicate with you.
I know - I know - I'm old and don't like change. But, to me this is hurting the forums.

@Jeanne - Simme Valley - Maybe this will address the notifications. Click on your account name at the top right of the page. Select "Preferences". You will get lots of choices to enable notifications. Turn "push notifications" on. Turn on everything and you will gets Lots of notifications. Be sure to hit SAVE at the bottom when you are done. Click on the "bell" symbol to the right of your name to show all your notifications as well. I use a laptop. Not sure if it works the same on a phone.

@Angie

Is there a way to go directly to the first unread post of an existing topic? The old version had that, which I thought was quite handy.

Thanks.

Is there a way to go directly to the first unread post of an existing topic? The old version had that, which I thought was quite handy.

Thanks.

Any time I click on a Discussion it takes me to the first unread post, assuming there are new posts since I last looked at it. Does it not do that for you?

Thanks.

This has that same feature. But, since this is new software all threads are new to you until you visit them the first time. So, if you read a thread today, and you come back tomorrow. If there is a new post you should be able to click on one and see the new posts first.

This has that same feature. But, since this is new software all threads are new to you until you visit them the first time. So, if you read a thread today, and you come back tomorrow. If there is a new post you should be able to click on one and see the new posts first.
Thank you, Angie.

It is working correctly now. For the first week or so it would't take me to the first new post, regardless of whether I had read the priors before the new software or not.

So If we "support" this forum - do we never get kicked off??? LOL

No, if you decide to be a horses rear or threaten someone or out and out break the rules, you'll probably get warned and if you do it again, you may be shown the door after pushing the limits happen too often.

Latest posts