Notices to Northerners moving to the South:

Help Support CattleToday:

la4angus":1jbmwmm2 said:
{Quote Texan}Reading your posts makes one wonder why you even have a state line between you. Do away with it and let you co-mingle, and nobody would be able to tell the difference between the fruits and the nuts and the Oregonians.{quote}

They are one and the same. Remember the other Flake "Oregonian".

Do you mean the other Flake "Oregonian" who disappeared and hasn't been heard from since greenpasture78 started posting for him/her/it?

certherfbeef":tm0qmnit said:
Round here, WV is south. We don't live that close to the river. Any time you get south enough to hear that intelligent accent, you've gone too far. But I don't think Florida has an accent do they? :roll:

Floridians have a Southern accent, but they are very hard to find nowadays.

Can't find a Florida accent cause there are too many people like my Grandma that fly south for the winter, like the buzzards! She lives in Palm Dale, I have no idea where that is 'cept it's in Florida somewhere!

Have a good day D.R.

Many have gone back North for the Summer. Too danged hot and muggy right now. Got 6 inches over the weekend and the temps are hanging steady in the 90's. All fence mending done from 5AM to 9AM. Do chores that are possible under a roof for the day until 6PM rolls around, then you could try to get something done until dark when the mosquitos chase you back into the AC. Thank goodness my tractor has a big roof over it. Even the brahman herds are spending the day under shade oaks!

Well there is not much difference between North and South these as it is between the "real" and "generic suburban American" parts of states. It is kinda like the red and blue states of the 2000 presidential election maps, except is has to do with counties within a state. Texas, Pennsylvania, and Florida provide good examples. In Texas, you wont find a real Texan in Dallas, Houston, and the other big cities that much. I went into the army expectin' all Texans to be the western kin of real South Carolinians, but I was mostly dissapointed with the Dallas/Houston/SA crowd. The real Texans that I found were from the places in Texas that nobody had ever heard of. Now Pennsylvania minus the Pittsburgh and Philidelphia ends is a nice place. Florida is heaven once you get away from I 95 and Disney world. Georgia would be nice if Atlanta was nuked. Here in South Carolina you have to get away from Columbia, the I 85 beltway, and the coast to find large numbers of real South Carolinians.

As far as the big Texas cities and no real Texans in them, I beg to differ. on Friday evenings, city workers stream to their weekend ranches and work their butts off. That is the way alot of people have to live nowadays. Unforunate, but true. I knew that existence for too long. It is not uncommon. The dream is to stay in the country and people finally make it. I am college educated, as well as my two best friends. One has made her country dream come true and has got her farm. The other is in Dallas and drives 5 hours to her ranch when she is off. This is temprary but necessary now. She knows hard work, blood, sweat and tears. I am talking about strong country women. There are more women than people realize who ranch without men. They like men, but refuse to depend on them, or have been burned by them once too often but see that as no reason not to live the life they want Like me. I will not leave my land til the day I die. (Except for an occasional trip to Mexico or something!)

As far as where does the north start...well, anywhere north of Texas. You got it, I'm one of those proud, arrogant Texans.