Notice to the Northerners

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
FYI - we have turned the sauna on so expect warming temps up your way shortly. While I've been tickled at the rain I forgot how neccessary the moisture is for the sauna to work properly. Seems its been overhauled and is working at 100% capacity. :mrgreen:

1982vett":27v2ytjv said:
It seems their is always a price.

Yeah but this is a price I'm glad to pay. With the moisture and humidity we have at the moment, I really can't see how we can suffer a drought this year. I hope this has broken the cycle. In the back of my mind I'm wanting a reprieve but I bury the thought with memories of the drought we've been under.

Jogeephus":2ul8etme said:
1982vett":2ul8etme said:
It seems their is always a price.

Yeah but this is a price I'm glad to pay. With the moisture and humidity we have at the moment, I really can't see how we can suffer a drought this year. I hope this has broken the cycle. In the back of my mind I'm wanting a reprieve but I bury the thought with memories of the drought we've been under.

Won't surprise me if it doesn't get as dry as it is now wet. I just checked the weather at the farm and it was 72 degrees with 97% humidity. The humidity has been a killer for the last couple of weeks. Don't worry Jo, it's going to get dry again.

Jogeephus":17pq6920 said:
With the moisture and humidity we have at the moment, I really can't see how we can suffer a drought this year.

Famous last words!

Looks to me like it is either going to be to wet or to dry. I don't think middle of the road exists anymore.

By the way, noon temperature is 79, partly cloudy, humidity is 44%. The biggest change in the weather pattern is the wind. It is blowing only 6 mph from the NE gusting to 8. It has been calm since Sunday.

1982vett":3v7qg137 said:
Looks to me like it is either going to be to wet or to dry. I don't think middle of the road exists anymore.

By the way, noon temperature is 79, partly cloudy, humidity is 44%. The biggest change in the weather pattern is the wind. It is blowing only 6 mph from the NE gusting to 8. It has been calm since Sunday.

Now wait a minute "vet"......moving from 6 mph up to 8 mph would hardly be considered "gusting". :lol: :D

TexasBred":162es8nt said:
1982vett":162es8nt said:

Now wait a minute "vet"......moving from 6 mph up to 8 mph would hardly be considered "gusting". :lol: :D
:lol: Just reporting weather station numbers....

grannysoo":1f3gbgz5 said:
Won't surprise me if it doesn't get as dry as it is now wet. I just checked the weather at the farm and it was 72 degrees with 97% humidity. The humidity has been a killer for the last couple of weeks. Don't worry Jo, it's going to get dry again.

I'm sure it will be dry shortly. This is some thirsty sand. What I was getting at was just as a drought will feed a drought these wet humid conditions should spawn afternoon thundershowers.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words..
Cowpokes.jpg

Last couple of years I experienced what I called doughnut rains. What few rains we did get they would just encircle me. I honestly thought I had pi$$ed the big guy off for some reason. I mean it was each and every time. Seemed like a divine hand just parted the clouds above me.

That is what happened Sunday. Some people in the area (within 4 miles) had 2-4 inches, and we had none. Others got 1 - 2 tenths. That storm wasn't all that the radar made it out to be.

Have you spit on the sun yet? Hung a snake on your fence? Desperation creates some odd traditions and traditions live on for a reason.

Haven't spit the sun yet but I do have part of a snake hanging on the dogs fence. Seen it crawling thru Saturday evening late. Didn't have my shoes on to go the the shop to get a hoe so I used the 12 gauge. Took the head nearly off and the last third of the body was missing. Saw it on the fence yesterday afternoon. :lol:

Came back in and Gretchen was hiding under the bed. :lol: :lol: :lol: She is definitely not a hunting dog.

You got do the spit thing. I did it last drought. I was at witts end and I remembered it. It rained a couple days later. May sound silly but if nothing else, it will make you feel better.

Speaking of snakes. The uncle of one of my buddies got bit by one. He is ok. I saw him at the bank and got to talking to him about it. He thought it was a baby oak snake and was going to do the PC thing and catch it and move it out of his yard. He said once the venom hit his bloodstream he knew he had screwed up. He said his bill came to $80,000! This is ridiculus! He did say every snake he sees from this day on is a dead snake.

I don't go out of my way to get rid of them until they are where they shouldn't be. It shouldn't have been in the back yard near the door. :)

Latest posts