Notice to the Northerners

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":13ug3t52 said:
FYI - we have turned the sauna on so expect warming temps up your way shortly. While I've been tickled at the rain I forgot how neccessary the moisture is for the sauna to work properly. Seems its been overhauled and is working at 100% capacity. :mrgreen:

Jogee I was hopin y'all would keep the sauna under control, unfortunately corn loves that kind of weather, so I reckon send it this way. I think I would enter Ohio in the worst weather contest, it gets way to hot in the summer and way to cold in the winter, we have about four nice days a year.

Larry

1982vett":8bhbx0bx said:
That is what happened Sunday. Some people in the area (within 4 miles) had 2-4 inches, and we had none. Others got 1 - 2 tenths. That storm wasn't all that the radar made it out to be.

Are Peg and I gonna have to come out and do the rain dance again? :lol:

Wash the vette and leave the doors open. That should do it.

Lammie":yfl89d2z said:
1982vett":yfl89d2z said:
That is what happened Sunday. Some people in the area (within 4 miles) had 2-4 inches, and we had none. Others got 1 - 2 tenths. That storm wasn't all that the radar made it out to be.

Are Peg and I gonna have to come out and do the rain dance again? :lol:

Wash the vette and leave the doors open. That should do it.

Last I heard, it was headed to Mississippi. :( Oh well. I had my fun with it.

Jogee has been spitting the sun for me but I guess he needs to work on his accuracy :p . Might have to call on you gals pretty soon. Shot a snake in the back yard a few days ago with the 12 ga. I found a third of it haning on the fence so I left it. Since the wind isn't blowing so hard lately, I guess I'll go out and try spitting the sun for myself. I'll let you know the results. Oh, I did have the truck "super cleaned" yesterday. Supposed to have a chance for rain again this weekend and early next week.

We are at 31 days without rain right now. (not the whole area, just here and maybe a few other spotty areas) Monday will be 34 days. Getting real close to par and my pre-Memorial Day prediction (never mind it was a wet one for some, just not here). Trouble with par is the good amount isn't gauranteed. Par can be 2/10ths or less.

Jogeephus":2uscj7u8 said:
Speaking of snakes. The uncle of one of my buddies got bit by one. He is ok. I saw him at the bank and got to talking to him about it. He thought it was a baby oak snake and was going to do the PC thing and catch it and move it out of his yard. He said once the venom hit his bloodstream he knew he had screwed up. He said his bill came to $80,000! This is ridiculus! He did say every snake he sees from this day on is a dead snake.

Exactly what I have been trying to tell people.
Although I have been ridiculed for my sage advice by certain people that think they know so much more than I do.

I'm willing to bet that the folks in the metro areas who are so keen on saving the snakes would have a different opinion if they experienced the fear of walking through their yard at dusk knowing one of these vile pit vipers was probably somewhere in their yard and the reward for finding one was going to be a stint in the hospital - if they are lucky.