Notice of Request To Renew an Approved Information Collection: Specified Risk Materials DOCKET NUMBER Docket No. FSIS-2022-0027 Singeltary Submission

Help Support CattleToday:

flounder

Reaction score
Notice of Request To Renew an Approved Information Collection: Specified Risk Materials DOCKET NUMBER Docket No. FSIS-2022-0027 Singeltary Submission

Greetings FSIS, USDA, et al,

Thank you kindly for allowing the public to comment on ;

(a) whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of FSIS' functions, including whether the information will have practical utility;

(b) the accuracy of FSIS' estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the method and assumptions used;

(c) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and

(d) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques, or other forms of information technology.

I will be commenting mostly on a, b, and c, because d, is wanting to minimize the burden of collection, and i do not think that is possible if ''These statutes mandate that FSIS protect the public by verifying that meat, poultry, and egg products are safe, wholesome, and properly labeled and packaged.'', is truly the intent of these statutes, and i would kindly like to explain why, and why it is so critical that these Specified Risk Materials SRM TSE Prion Statues are so important for public health, and WHY there is an urgent need to enhance them, considering the risk factors of Chronic Wasting Disease CWD TSE Prion in Cervid.

THIS collection of SRM materials information should be done all the time, year after year, and ending it EVER would be foolish, imo, not scientific, and will lead to future risk to public health, if you consider just how bad USDA/FSIS/APHIS/FDA failed so badly with the FDA PART 589 TSE PRION FEED BAN, the SRM REMOVAL, THE BSE SURVEILLANCE AND TESTING PROGRAMS, THEY FAILED ALL OF THEM TERRIBLY IMO, AND BY CONTINUING TO INSIST ON TESTING 25K CATTLE FOR BSE IS A DISASTER WATING TO HAPPEND IMO!

SPECIFIED RISK MATERS

Specified Risk Materials SRMs, are the most high risk infectious materials, organs, of a cow that is infected with Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy, BSE TSE Prion. the atypical BSE strains are, like atypical L-type BSE are more infectious that the typical C-type BSE. Also, Science of the BSE TSE has evolved to show that there are more infectious tissues and organs than previously thought. I wish to kindly post all this evidence, as to show you why this information collection of SRMs are so vital to public safety, and why they should be enhanced for cattle, cervid, sheep, and goats, oh, and not to forget the new livestock prion disease in camel, the Camel Prion Disease CPD.

ONE other thing, you must remember, SCIENCE AND TRANSMISSION STUDIES have now shown that CWD and Scrapie can transmit to PIGS by Oral route. This should be included in any enhancement of the SRM or FDA PART 589 TSE PRION FEED ban.

NOT to forget Zoonosis of all of the above, i will post the latest science to date at the bottom of the attached files.

Thank You, terry

https://www.regulations.gov/comment/FSIS-2022-0027-0002

Singeltary further comments in attachment;

Specified Risk Materials DOCKET NUMBER Docket No. FSIS-2022-0027 Singeltary Submission Attachment

https://downloads.regulations.gov/FSIS-2022-0027-0002/attachment_1.pdf

kind regards, terry

Latest posts