Not to hijack people with signs....

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
but the thread made we want to share a little drama that has unfolded in my home.

My wife, aka Her Sweetnesty, has a heart of gold. She knows a woman who has lost her job and can't seem to find one. Her Sweetnesty has taken this woman on as a project to help her get on her feet. She sat down with her went over everything she needs to do to get her resume together. Spent several hours at the house with her going over things. Even lining up potential jobs for the woman. But things just seem to be getting worse and she is not far from losing her home.

HS, came up with the brilliant bailout plan for her. She suggested that we let her clean our home. Her Sweetnesty batted those lashes at me and I agreed that this might be a good thing. (If she is happy then I'm happy if you know what I mean.) So on Friday, we postponed a little getaway I had planned so HS could meet with this woman and go over her duties and the arrangements. HS, is also quite generous when she has a dog in the race. Anyhow, today was the first day of work for our new housekeeper. Of course I was gone before she shows up so I was planning on returning home to a spotless house.

I get home and find a very sweet and positive note stuck to the side door telling where the key is hidden and that she should call if there are any problems. Anyhow, I walk in the house and everything is just like we left it. No phone call no note nadda. HS tells me at supper that the woman has yet to contact any of the people she suggested nor has she had time to prepare her resume. Oh well, I'm sure something major must have happened and I'll wait and see how the drama unfolds. Of course if it doesn't work out, I'm thinking that maybe we should get a baby sitter and I can buy HS one of those french maid outfits like they show on the Hardee's commercial and we can clean house together. I think this may give me some needed incentive to chip in on some extra house work. :lol2:

But we'll see how the drama unfolds. Don't want to judge the woman for only missing the first day of her new job.

Jo, that's a pretty complicated scenario you've painted there. Let me see if I got this straight- you hired a maid and she was a no show?

ga. prime":1ciljsp3 said:
Jo, that's a pretty complicated scenario you've painted there. Let me see if I got this straight- you hired a maid and she was a no show?

GP, its a drama so its got to be complicated. Don't you watch the stories on TV after Oprah?

Jury is still out on whether or not she is housekeeper.

Jogeephus":2vhr2jaw said:
But we'll see how the drama unfolds. Don't want to judge the woman for only missing the first day of her new job.
Please keep us informed. Certainly hope no misfortune has come upon the poor lady.
I'm sure you have heard from her by now. If not maybe you should notify the police. Can't tell what might have happened.
(Well, there might be a good reason. :roll: )

Count yourself lucky she did not show, you may have been out all your stuff!

I think there are just some lazy people in the world, and your wife should know that before another good deed turns into a nightmare for her and You.

GMN

I have had so many drama queens and crisis junkies work for me over the years. They normally do not seem to want out of their situation. And there is no way to change them if they do not want to change. They talk a big game but when it comes right down to it, they'd rather be happy in their misery than to do a day's work. It's a hard cycle to get out of, I guess, but even if you show then the exit out of it, they won't follow the light. I'd end up firing them and they'd be mad at everyone but themselves.

At least your wife tried, bless her heart. She gets points for that. If she wants a housekeeper, she should hire someone with references.

GMN":13a9vtfk said:
I think there are just some lazy people in the world, and your wife should know that before another good deed turns into a nightmare for her and You.

I agree. Its really a delicate situation in that I don't want to see her heart hardened but I do want her to learn to be skeptical and ask questions and do a little homework. I mainly want her to learn this to protect herself in the event something were to happen to me. Thankfully, we both make decisions together when it comes to stuff like this so I can limit the damages as she learns how some people are. Soon I think she will understand why I prefer to remain anonymous when it comes to helping people.

Jogeephus":1zei9lgn said:
I don't want to see her heart hardened

My hs is the same way, however she is learning. As to seeing her heart hardened, I don't want to see it either, for it's a beautiful thing now. Mine heart, on the other hand, is made of stone when it comes to this type of drama.

there is no possible way anything good can come of this..quit now before yer sorry ya did what youve done and the ''i told ya's'' start flying around at an elevated volume

spend yer money on yer honey and youll both be happier(the outfit you mentioned would be a good start)

Lammie":20vtg8gn said:
I have had so many drama queens and crisis junkies work for me over the years. They normally do not seem to want out of their situation. And there is no way to change them if they do not want to change. They talk a big game but when it comes right down to it, they'd rather be happy in their misery than to do a day's work. It's a hard cycle to get out of, I guess, but even if you show then the exit out of it, they won't follow the light. I'd end up firing them and they'd be mad at everyone but themselves.

At least your wife tried, bless her heart. She gets points for that. If she wants a housekeeper, she should hire someone with references.
I think mostly because our society has proven to many of them they both pay the same. Why work live miserably when you can live miserably off the public. The incentive to do better and for themselves is just not their.

Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines, but seems to me like this person was ready to suck up all the sympathy she could get from HS, and all the money she could get from you. Hope HS doesn't get her feelings too hurt.

Lammie was dead on about the drama junkies. Some people just don't know how to be happy and they live for the next crisis that they bring on themselves in some way or another.

I'm stuck on the thought of locking the door and leaving a note on it explaining where the key is hidden. :lol:

ChrisB- I saw that about the note and then let it go then when you mentioned it it hit me again. Wow instructions to take advantage of JoGes' House? But I am sure in JG neighborhood no one except those that are supposed to would read a note like that and act upon it. :D

Jogeephus":1dw5c5lo said:
but the thread made we want to share a little drama that has unfolded in my home.

My wife, aka Her Sweetnesty, has a heart of gold. She knows a woman who has lost her job and can't seem to find one. Her Sweetnesty has taken this woman on as a project to help her get on her feet. She sat down with her went over everything she needs to do to get her resume together. Spent several hours at the house with her going over things. Even lining up potential jobs for the woman. But things just seem to be getting worse and she is not far from losing her home.

HS, came up with the brilliant bailout plan for her. She suggested that we let her clean our home. Her Sweetnesty batted those lashes at me and I agreed that this might be a good thing. (If she is happy then I'm happy if you know what I mean.) So on Friday, we postponed a little getaway I had planned so HS could meet with this woman and go over her duties and the arrangements. HS, is also quite generous when she has a dog in the race. Anyhow, today was the first day of work for our new housekeeper. Of course I was gone before she shows up so I was planning on returning home to a spotless house.

I get home and find a very sweet and positive note stuck to the side door telling where the key is hidden and that she should call if there are any problems. Anyhow, I walk in the house and everything is just like we left it. No phone call no note nadda. HS tells me at supper that the woman has yet to contact any of the people she suggested nor has she had time to prepare her resume. Oh well, I'm sure something major must have happened and I'll wait and see how the drama unfolds. Of course if it doesn't work out, I'm thinking that maybe we should get a baby sitter and I can buy HS one of those french maid outfits like they show on the Hardee's commercial and we can clean house together. I think this may give me some needed incentive to chip in on some extra house work. :lol2:

This is making excellent lemonade from the lemon. I'd put half a pint of clear in the pitcher to improve your chances. :welcome:

Jalopy":1886mig5 said:
ChrisB- I saw that about the note and then let it go then when you mentioned it it hit me again. Wow instructions to take advantage of JoGes' House? But I am sure in JG neighborhood no one except those that are supposed to would read a note like that and act upon it. :D

:lol2: :lol2: I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that. I thought the note was ...... well ..... not the smartest thing. Do live in an area with very little crime but there is no need to invite trouble either.

Breaking news. She did show up just as we were sitting down to eat supper Thurs night. She couldn't stay but she did finally show up. Had problems.

dieselbeef":1886mig5 said:
there is no possible way anything good can come of this..quit now before yer sorry ya did what youve done and the ''i told ya's'' start flying around at an elevated volume

There is still a chance it could. Unlikely but possible. I don't do the I told ya so's cause we both agreed to do this together. It was her idea and I have to say HS has improved cause 10 years ago she would have just written the woman a check and told her to just pay her back when possible. Now she is opening doors for people and putting the responsibility on them rather than blindly writing checks. This in itself is good. IMO She's learning. This is even better. :banana:

Sometimes all one needs is someone to believe in them. Sometimes nothing will help. Let's all hope this is a case of the former.

Joe wrote the note in Spanish, So it would limit it to about 70,000,000 people that could read it. :nod:

And Joe :eek: Did you set up a 401k? do you pay double time overtime, holidays? This lady has been watching our fearless leader :???: knows she's entitled to healthcare. :mad: :santa:

Latest posts