Not sure if this true or not....but.....

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
ALL FAMILY MEMBERS SHOULD READ THIS ESPECIALLY CHILDREN!

These crooks are getting very good!

A lady has changed her habit of how she lists her names on her mobile telephone after her handbag was stolen.

Her handbag, which contained her mobile telephone, credit card, purse, etc., was stolen.
Twenty minutes later she called her husband, from a pay telephone telling him what had happened.

Her husband said, 'I have just received your text asking about our pin number and I have replied a little while ago.'

When they rushed down to the bank, the staff told them all the money was already withdrawn.

The thief had actually used the stolen mobile telephone to text her husband in the contact list and got hold of the pin number.

Within twenty minutes he had withdrawn all the money from their bank account.

Moral of the lesson:

Do not disclose the relationship between you and the people in your contact list.

Avoid using names like Home, Honey, Hubby, Sweetheart, Mom, Dad, etc.,

And very importantly, when sensitive information is being asked for through texts, CONFIRM by calling back.

Also, when you are being text by friends or family to meet them somewhere, be sure to call back to confirm that the message came from them.

If you do not reach them, be very careful about going places to meet 'family and friends' who text you.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON.

I never thought about THAT!

As of right now, do you have 'home' named on the mobile?

Rather it is true or not, I am going to look in my list and make any changes necessary! This is something I have never really given any thought to. I figured it was the better thing to have in there a home or husband number. Guess what -- I was proved wrong AGAIN!! hate when this happens, but then again better safe than sorry!!

;-)

Makes you think for sure, but then again who would really text' msg a pin # to begin with,,,how stupid. :dunce:

Don't have to worry about that here we don't "text". Not 'puter literate enough.. :lol2:

Good in theory, but I have reasons NOT to impliment it--

1) no one else knows any of my passwords or pin numbers except me.

2) I like having "Mom", "Dad", and "Home" listed on my phone so just in case I'm ever in a car wreck and someone needs to get in touch with my folks immediately they'll actually know which number to call.

JMO.

milkmaid":tqxv9jlu said:

2) I like having "Mom", "Dad", and "Home" listed on my phone so just in case I'm ever in a car wreck and someone needs to get in touch with my folks immediately they'll actually know which number to call.

JMO.

We use ICE (in case of emergency) as a listing, there was a push to do this in our area for EMTs to use to contact folks in emergency situations.

milkmaid":jrd13ndz said:

JMO.

Same here.

I also don't text on my phone, the phone is for talking- email is for texting.

When my son had his wreck, the only way I knew about it as fast as I did was because a good sam found my son's phone and scrolled to Mom and called me. If not for that, I probably would not have known about it for hours. She came by the next day and gave us everything she had collected at the crash, including my son't lappie, (destroyed), his cell and checkbook. State Trooper had his wallet.

Latest posts