Not my year (it has been bad)

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Well checked on cows alittle while ago and guess what. Bull is carrying his front foot again. I know that some of the cows are not bred but wont know how many till the 25th.

This is the same thing that happend last year in August. Bull didnt really get back into shape after we almost lost him last year, but I A-Ied a bunch trying to lessen his load and have been trying to get him in shape and now this again. This time it looks like wire got in between his hoofs. Dont now where he got it from. I got it out and doctored him and will be pulling him out again tommorow.

That is just the way my whole year has gone one thing after another. JHH

JHH, If you don't have them this want happen. Things like this keeps the less ambitious from doing it.
We all have this kind of luck. Just keep at it you will come out on top. If you were close I would lend you a bull. Good luck.
DC

If it was easy and profitable everybody would be trying to farm. Sounds kinda like the way things go around here. H getting the wire out he bounce back pretty quick.

Yep, the stars line up like that once and a while. I was loading some calves to sell last January when I realsized a bull that gave me a flying lesson last year was less than 20 ft. away. Kind of sent a chill up, I just shook my stick at him and backed up, open a gate and let him out. He was with the ladies and all seemed fine. Four days latter he was dead. Hope yours will be a fast healer.

hillrancher":3ih49zgk said:
JHH, If you don't have them this want happen. Things like this keeps the less ambitious from doing it.
We all have this kind of luck. Just keep at it you will come out on top. If you were close I would lend you a bull. Good luck.
DC
greenwillowhereford II":3ih49zgk said:
Hate to hear of your trouble. Hope things turn better.
Red Bull Breeder":3ih49zgk said:
If it was easy and profitable everybody would be trying to farm. Sounds kinda like the way things go around here. H getting the wire out he bounce back pretty quick.

I sure hope he gets better but I may leave him away till spring and let him get better conditioned and heal up AGAIN.

Things will surely get better, but they can get worse I have learned that. I will just keep plugging along and hope for the best. Thanks everone. JHH

JHH":30kmk3f2 said:

I hear ya. If it's any consolation, I lost my best doe to CAE early last May. During the same month, we got 6" of rain over the course of 2 weeks and a doe kidded on the only high spot in the corrals - the manure pile. One of her kids apparently rolled off, and drowned in a mud hole. I found the kid two days later when the mud hold had dried up a bit. A week or so after that, I discovered that the does we bought from a herd in Nebraska brought in CL. A month after that, I was building new goat pens, got distracted, and tried to walk the brand new pivot up the ditch pump. A week or so after that, a doe aborted triplets. 2 weeks after that, I came home to find a dead doe in the pen - she was fine that morning, and on each subsequent check all day. Nevertheless, she was dead that night. On top of all this, my mother was diagnosed with probable uterine cancer. Fortunately, that was caught early enough that a simple hysterectomy took care of that problem and she is fine. I don't mean to sound flip, but into each life a little rain must fall - and we will both be stronger and more knowledgeable because of it. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. Keep your chin up, and look for the bright spots - in my case it's 5 beautiful, healty new kids! I refuse to believe that you can't find some bright spots, as well. :) Take care, and I wish you the best!

DOC HARRIS":3gg6j0tb said:
in my case it's 5 beautiful, healty new kids!
-

Do you mean "Goat" kids or "Human" kids? :roll:

DOC HARRIS

Goat kids. Sorry Doc, having posted my age and birthyear several times I figured most everyone on here knew I am not married, and I'm well past child bearing age! :lol: :lol:

msscamp":2xevefn5 said:
DOC HARRIS":2xevefn5 said:
-

DOC HARRIS

Goat kids. Sorry Doc, having posted my age and birthyear several times I figured most everyone on here knew I am not married, and I'm well past child bearing age! :lol: :lol:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :tiphat:

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":11n7zi07 said:
msscamp":11n7zi07 said:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :tiphat:

DOC HARRIS

:)

msscamp":19z9gehh said:
DOC HARRIS":19z9gehh said:
-

DOC HARRIS

Don't be so sure, Camp. Clay Aiken just had a kid (with the help of invitrofertilization) with his 50 year old record producer and the current record is 62.

Does that mean 62 produced Records, or 62 Produced kids? Maybe that is why (Are you All ready for this??) Clay is "Achen'"!

DOC HARRIS

Brandonm22":3au4hs1z said:
msscamp":3au4hs1z said:

Don't be so sure, Camp. Clay Aiken just had a kid (with the help of invitrofertilization) with his 50 year old record producer and the current record is 62.

:shock:

JHH

Schitzen happens - even to the nicest of people - so keep at it bucko! things have a habit of working out the right way in the end. Best thoughts

Bez+
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
msscamp

Some how I think you will make a fine maaaa maaaa to all those kids!

:lol:

Bez+

Bez+":38oxld9d said:
JHH

Schitzen happens - even to the nicest of people - so keep at it bucko! things have a habit of working out the right way in the end. Best thoughts

Bez+
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
msscamp

Some how I think you will make a fine maaaa maaaa to all those kids!

:lol:

Bez+

I plan on plugging along and trying to breed the next great herf bull ( you have to have long term goals).

But the short term goals are important also. Thanks JHH
msscamp":38oxld9d said:
JHH":38oxld9d said:

I hear ya. If it's any consolation, I lost my best doe to CAE early last May. During the same month, we got 6" of rain over the course of 2 weeks and a doe kidded on the only high spot in the corrals - the manure pile. One of her kids apparently rolled off, and drowned in a mud hole. I found the kid two days later when the mud hold had dried up a bit. A week or so after that, I discovered that the does we bought from a herd in Nebraska brought in CL. A month after that, I was building new goat pens, got distracted, and tried to walk the brand new pivot up the ditch pump. A week or so after that, a doe aborted triplets. 2 weeks after that, I came home to find a dead doe in the pen - she was fine that morning, and on each subsequent check all day. Nevertheless, she was dead that night. On top of all this, my mother was diagnosed with probable uterine cancer. Fortunately, that was caught early enough that a simple hysterectomy took care of that problem and she is fine. I don't mean to sound flip, but into each life a little rain must fall - and we will both be stronger and more knowledgeable because of it. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. Keep your chin up, and look for the bright spots - in my case it's 5 beautiful, healty new kids! I refuse to believe that you can't find some bright spots, as well. :) Take care, and I wish you the best!

Hope the remaining ones all get along great and no problems for you. JHH

Thank you. Here's to your year improving, your bull making a full recovery, and your success at breeding a multi-million dollar hereford bull. :drink: Keep your chin up, and never lose sight of your goals! ;-) :)