Not for the week stomached.....

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story ... e-cat.html
Teens charged with microwaving cat to death
Last Updated: Saturday, January 5, 2008 | 7:47 AM MT
CBC News
Four teenagers from the Edmonton area have been charged with breaking into a house and killing a cat in a microwave.

Police in Camrose, southeast of Edmonton, say a home was broken into twice while the owners were away for the holidays last month.

During the second break-in, a cat from the home was put into the microwave and then cooked to death, Insp. Lee Foreman said.

Four teens between the ages of 13 and 15 have been charged with several offences including breaking and entering, theft and unlawfully killing an animal. They are scheduled to appear in a Camrose court on Feb. 7.

None of the teens lives at the home or is related to the owners, Foreman said.

"I've been policing for over 25 years and I've never encountered anything quite like this," he said. "It's very disturbing. It's especially sad given the season."

A family friend who was looking after the house while the owners were gone found the dead cat in the microwave

FUTURE SERIAL KILLERS!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can't understand people who do stuff like this. Especially kids. What's the point in hurting a helpless kitty? I'm allergic to cats, but I'd never wish harm on one.

It's just like another case recently about kids kidnapping a mans dog..and..well here's the link.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22514842/?GT1=10755

Some of the kids out there are true sociopaths, IMO. Then there are some that are psycopaths. Animal cruelty is one of the red flags to later adult violence. No regard for life in any form. Future "Jeffery Dammers"?? Serial Killers? Fodder for Sado-Masochistic Games that get out of control?

Too much violent video games that de-humanize computer generated creatures (that are, incidently, getting MORE human like in their appearance and movements).

Let's not forget all of those Mall, School, and related Assinations of innocent people by teenage kids. The authorities, parents, friends, school officials, teachers, etc., are all too SLOW at recognizing deviant and suspicious behavior for fear of public or civil lawsuits and related actions.

IMO by the time those kids get to the point they are insensitive to human and other animal life...well, perhaps they have chosen their path and are beyond Habilitation (not re-habilitation) by normal and sane society.

IF a kid commits a dastardly crime...well, they should IMO be arrested, tried, and convicted as an adult and serve some hard time...not just a slap on the hand or probation.

:mad:

This happened an hour and a half a way from where we live.
I have family in Camrose and it is a low crime rate very quiet little city/town.
This is very disturbing and why are people so disassociated from reality?
Why is it that they have no regard for life?>>The whole situation is heartbreaking because it seems to be getting worse.Where are the parents?
Perhaps they should be strung up too?????
I don't know but something /someone has missed the boat and why the heck do we always have to pay for it with our lives.
I am not a bleeding heart that animals have more rights than people but like RB said and what I said it starts somewhere.If it was my child involved they would be spending a lot of years in the psych ward before I let that disgrace of a human being back out to roam among the people.

Sorry for the rant but it is much too common of a story....