Not for the faint of hart.

Help Support CattleToday:

Amazing. You sure wouldn't want to do a back-buster from that height cause I suspect it would kill you. From that height you've got to open a hole in the surface for your body either with your feet or your fists. Mess this up and its like you say - like hitting concrete.

Jogeephus":28q0mm4i said:
Amazing. You sure wouldn't want to do a back-buster from that height cause I suspect it would kill you. From that height you've got to open a hole in the surface for your body either with your feet or your fists. Mess this up and its like you say - like hitting concrete.

I have seen a documentary about people jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge and it was pretty strange. They have actual footage of people jumping captured by tourists just visiting. Scary. They have interviews with family and friends of those who have jumped and they also have an interview with a guy who survived the jump, although it messed himself up. He decided right after he jumped that he wanted to live and went in feet first.

They say it takes a long time to reach the water and it generally kills you right off when you hit. It was disturbing to say the least. You actually see people jump, several, in fact. They hang around on the bridge for a while and then sooner or later, unless someone can talk them out of it, they take the dive. One guy went off backwards in a swan dive.

Lammie":1dx6mprx said:
I have seen a documentary about people jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge and it was pretty strange. They have actual footage of people jumping captured by tourists just visiting. Scary. They have interviews with family and friends of those who have jumped and they also have an interview with a guy who survived the jump, although it messed himself up. He decided right after he jumped that he wanted to live and went in feet first.

They say it takes a long time to reach the water and it generally kills you right off when you hit. It was disturbing to say the least. You actually see people jump, several, in fact. They hang around on the bridge for a while and then sooner or later, unless someone can talk them out of it, they take the dive. One guy went off backwards in a swan dive.

We have a bridge and a boat race. In the 70's this was a wide-open affair. The folks in overnight camping drank heavily and the air was thick. Inevitably, some looked up at that bridge and thought "what a great idea it would be to jump off that!". Some even survived.

The furthest I ever jumped was 90 feet into the water. Feet first. Had to keep my feet together to "punch the hole" otherwise I'm sure I'd be singing soprano. What they neglected to tell me was the impact of the water on my ears as the "hole" closed on my head. It hurt pretty bad. And yeah, you do have a lot of time to think about "why" as you fall. :lol2: