Not even close to Knersie - update again

Help Support CattleToday:

Nope - not registered... purebred.

Bull used is a Murray Grey.

Pics of her udder are after her calf this year was weaned.

Sorry no pics of a full udder on her, but she milks nice, and her udder is better than acceptable, I think.

Michele

mitch2":3aj9ykhf said:
Nope - not registered... purebred.

Bull used is a Murray Grey.

Pics of her udder are after her calf this year was weaned.

Sorry no pics of a full udder on her, but she milks nice, and her udder is better than acceptable, I think.

Michele
then shes got a goodun......tucks neatly out of the way when not in use ;-)

Went to farm today with camera - here is a rear and front view of Ol' Herf

Notice her front legs "toe out"... not really as bad as her one leg suggests... it is quite icy out there...
View attachment 1

Butt shot

Michele

Notice her front legs "toe out"... not really as bad as her one leg suggests... it is quite icy out there...

That is what normal working cattle's front legs look like, I see no problem there at all.

Nice stout steer, but I'm surprised that he has no white face. I've got one that looks a lot like him out back that was sired by a bull I raised and out of a Charolais cow, but mine has a white face and stockings. Those color of calves sell well here. He could pass for a Char / Angus cross.

KNERSIE":vzig22qk said:

That is what normal working cattle's front legs look like, I see no problem there at all.

Really! I've got so much to learn I thought her legs (elbows) sorry for term's, should be more straight up and down(?) not have this look " ) ( " to them.

Michele

greenwillowhereford II":rkp6qwo6 said:
Nice stout steer, but I'm surprised that he has no white face. I've got one that looks a lot like him out back that was sired by a bull I raised and out of a Charolais cow, but mine has a white face and stockings. Those color of calves sell well here. He could pass for a Char / Angus cross.

I've been surprised with her coloring on all her calves. She is highly pigmented, so I wondered if this was a contributing factor.

Her 1st heifer calf, black, had white on her belly, but no white face, she was bred to a lowline angus.

Her 2nd bull calf (pictured) had no white on him, bred MG

Her 3rd, heifer calf had a white belly, but was black also, bred MG.

Michele

mitch2":2wdw01dr said:
greenwillowhereford II":2wdw01dr said:

I've been surprised with her coloring on all her calves. She is highly pigmented, so I wondered if this was a contributing factor.

Her 1st heifer calf, black, had white on her belly, but no white face, she was bred to a lowline angus.

Her 2nd bull calf (pictured) had no white on him, bred MG

Her 3rd, heifer calf had a white belly, but was black also, bred MG.

Michele

Coloring after you get past the basic black red thing can alwasy be interesting. We had a red baldy, F1 Red Angus Hereford that wehn bred to a Red Angus bull never had a calf with a white hair on it anywhere. I decided to fix that and bred her to a fairly conservative marked Hereford. Her daughter is the most Herefordy looking cow you'll ever see. More chrome then a cadillac

Latest posts