Not calling any names

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Not calling any names because I don't want to be stepping on any toes but if this gives you a giggle and you can relate you know who you are.

Funny to watch them hit it for the first time. They take off running and the next thing you know its a stampede. All those cows running and only one knows why.

I get a chuckle watching them hit it too. Electricity will teach them a lesson right quick. I watched one yesterday get stung and he ran around in circles like a puppy chasing its tail.

Jogeephus":3ta62q3o said:
I get a chuckle watching them hit it too. Electricity will teach them a lesson right quick. I watched one yesterday get stung and he ran around in circles like a puppy chasing its tail.

The ones that tickle me are the ones like that didn't really happen. Walk up and do it again.

I've had a few calves with a deficit of brain cells.. our fence is HOT..get zapped and walk up to it again.. about 4 times..

I've seen the cows fighting, deliberately push the opponent into the fence.. pretty winning strategy too

I used to love to do that with the ones that had learned to reach thru the barb wire....
put em in a lot with hot wire and wait for them to stick their head thru and then turn it on....
did have to fix an ocassional fence though.

Best "fishing" I ever had was a cow that wanted to get beyond the poliwire each time I moved. The desire to be number one. One morning I was shifting the reel and she tried to jump over, got the poliwire on a leg or two so I took the opportunity to unlatch the stop on the spool and hook the reel back on the fence. The hook was set. wow, dance, bellow and prance and head back to where she was supposed to be. Got loose by herself, I had to reset a few step ins but she never tried the escape plan again.

When I was a kid my daddy raised a few hogs, we used to have an ol' sow that would push her pigs into the electric fence just to make sure it was on. I always laughed when I heard 'em squealing.

Ebenezer":h1kh675g said:
Best "fishing" I ever had was a cow that wanted to get beyond the poliwire each time I moved. The desire to be number one. One morning I was shifting the reel and she tried to jump over, got the poliwire on a leg or two so I took the opportunity to unlatch the stop on the spool and hook the reel back on the fence. The hook was set. wow, dance, bellow and prance and head back to where she was supposed to be. Got loose by herself, I had to reset a few step ins but she never tried the escape plan again.

Oh, I wish I could've seen that!!! (insert laughing emoticon)

Latest posts