Not Again!

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady

Reaction score
On the world news tonight there was another piece about cattle, how horribly they are being raised, how dirty they (and their meat) is... yada yada yada. Said Obama is making "animal welfare" a big part of his focus this year. I'd like to know how he's got time for that, with Iran and North Korea and the economy, but it's starting to scare me. Of course they showed a big feed lot, and cows standing around piles of crap. *sigh*.. it's getting harder and harder to make this business work!

TheBullLady":3vxmr61j said:
On the world news tonight there was another piece about cattle, how horribly they are being raised, how dirty they (and their meat) is... yada yada yada. Said Obama is making "animal welfare" a big part of his focus this year. I'd like to know how he's got time for that, with Iran and North Korea and the economy, but it's starting to scare me. Of course they showed a big feed lot, and cows standing around piles of crap. *sigh*.. it's getting harder and harder to make this business work!

From the news lead in, the actual story wasn't as bad as I expected. They did have a woman from the meat industry talk about how meat producers are the only feed production chain that is regulated by actual laws. And it's true. Veggie producers are on their own; we've got USDA inspectors everywhere.

And, like it or not, there have been people sickened by this beef, plus thousands of pounds have been recalled. Somebody messed up somewhere.

I don't know of very many folks who are cutting down on their beef consumption. I guess I live in the wrong part of the country.

Frankie":1zbdn96m said:
And, like it or not, there have been people sickened by this beef, plus thousands of pounds have been recalled. Somebody messed up somewhere.

And a lot of people have been sickened or killed by eating tainted tomatoes, lettuce and peanut butter. Yet another reason for people to buy local.

How about comparing the number of people who die or get sick from eating beef to the total number of people who eat beef?

Or, the total number of vegetarians who get sick or die??

Jim62":kzh1ox9k said:
How about comparing the number of people who die or get sick from eating beef to the total number of people who eat beef?

Or, the total number of vegetarians who get sick or die??

Veggies just die and nobody knows what killed them. A shame they have nothing to blame it on.

TheBullLady":3l0bjdje said:
Said Obama is making "animal welfare" a big part of his focus this year. I'd like to know how he's got time for that, with Iran and North Korea and the economy, but it's starting to scare me.

He's got time to be a banker, auto worker, health care provider, insurance salesman.......................

Why not be a hobby farmer and raise a few head of cattle too? Maybe we can get a universal health care package for vets etc.

TheBullLady said:

Maybe he'll think about animal welfare when goes on one of those cheeseburger run while smoking a cigarette. No offense to smokers on here.

L Weir":t934upqb said:
TheBullLady":t934upqb said:

Maybe he'll think about animal welfare when goes on one of those cheeseburger run while smoking a cigarette. No offense to smokers on here.

hmmm..wonder if he'll get extra carbon credits for being a closet smoker??

TexasBred":2g8cqv8z said:
L Weir":2g8cqv8z said:
TheBullLady":2g8cqv8z said:

hmmm..wonder if he'll get extra carbon credits for being a closet smoker??

Wouldn't that COST him credits? Fortunately, tobacco the plant is such a prolific user of CO2 that he can offset by paying a farmer in KY to grow tobacco. I call that a perfect circle.

Latest posts