not a very talented cook...

Help Support CattleToday:

grand chaser09

Reaction score
i need something to make my boyfriend when he comes down to my house for his birthday. i can grill and make a few other easy things like mac an cheese. i need a good recipe to make for him. he eats pretty much anything you put infront of him.
[and i'm the reason mom keeps the fire extinguisher in the pantry ;-) ]

Yankee Pot Roast

1 chuck roast about 3#
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can diced tomatos
1 can beef broth
6 potatos, peeled and chopped
2T olive oil
salt and pepper
1 large onion sliced
2 bay leaves
baby carrots

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Carefully place roast in hot oil and sear on one side, flip roast over and sear other side.
Place roast in a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Put carrots, potatos and onion around roast in the pan. Pour the tomatos and beef broth on top of the roast. Add a bay leaf at each side of the roast. Cover and put in oven for 3 hours.
This roast will fall apart. Serve with the vegtables. You can also strain the juice out of the pan, put it in a sauce pan heat to boiling and add a mixture of corn starch and water to thicken it to make a gravy.

Dessert.
Cherry Swirl Cheesecake

1 graham cracker crust, premade. I buy it out of the store, get the kind with the extra serving.
2 pkgs. cream cheese
1/4t. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2c. sugar
1 can cherry pie filling

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Bring the cream cheese to room tempature. Cream together in a bowl cream cheese and sugar. Add vanilla. Add one egg at a time mixing together well. Pour into the graham cracker crust.
Add pie filling a tablespoon at a time into the cream cheese mix. Only need 4T. of pie filling. Place filling to make a square in the cream cheese. Now take a butter knife, being careful to not cut into the crust and start "cutting" through the cream cheese mix and pie filling. You are swirling it.
Put in oven and bake for 40-60 minutes. A little jiggle in the center is ok, but not a lot. You can also insert a knife in the center and when it come clean it is done.
Let cool and put in the fridge to chill. Serve with left over pie filling on top.

mac and cheese and grilled hotdogs...might as well let em know what hes gettin himself into..besides...i dont know anyone who got married over good cookin....desserts another matter if ya git my drift

grand chaser09":1fhalkkf said:
i need something to make my boyfriend when he comes down to my house for his birthday. i can grill and make a few other easy things like mac an cheese. i need a good recipe to make for him. he eats pretty much anything you put infront of him.

Why not just get two nice steaks like rib eye or even tenderloin and grill them .
Get some prawns and steam them serve with warm butter and garlic for dipping sauce
Take some mushrooms and put them in tin foil with a little butter and saute them on the BBQ while you do the steaks
Do baked potato and serve with fresh chives sour cream and real bacon bits..( you can start them in the microwave and finish them on the grill in tin foil).

He will enjoy the meal as this is a mans meal.. :) and so very easy to do and you can visit while you prepare everything..

Don't forget a nice bottle of your favorite wine..

Good luck and I hope everything goes well. :tiphat:

grand chaser09":1ru4wrko said:
i need something to make my boyfriend when he comes down to my house for his birthday.

Make a Duncan Hines cake with pudding in the mix! That's for after you get back home after eating out at the restaurant of his choosing. :D

dieselbeef":25oebihq said:
i dont know anyone who got married over good cookin

if i had it to do again i'd get me a big stout country girl that could haul hay, flank calves and cook like my grandmother, but i was young and ignorant back then, so now i go hungry :D

grand chaser09":3o1clumw said:

Why don't you ask him what his favorite meal is? Also, not that it matters...I hate pot roast and tenderloins and ribeyes as a couple of posters mentioned in an attempt to anticipate your boyfriend's taste buds. I eat just about everyting put in front of me to. Just not pot roast or tenderloin or ribeye.

dieselbeef":2wn6y9hb said:
desserts another matter if ya git my drift
Now, now db you behave.(insert wagging finger smilie here)

Make him a steak, baked potato and salad. :nod:

hillsdown":erv5y913 said:
Don't forget a nice bottle of your favorite wine..
quote]

i'm 17 so no wine for me or him. lol

dieselbeef":erv5y913 said:
mac and cheese and grilled hotdogs...might as well let em know what hes gettin himself into..besides...i dont know anyone who got married over good cookin....desserts another matter if ya git my drift

actually my fave is beenie weenies lol. with hotdogs not those little sausages.
and like i said i'm 17. so keep it PG-13 DB. :lol2:

Why not order in a pizza. :cowboy:
Or go to the grocery store and get 1 of them rotisserie chickens.
Finish it off with a Dairy Queen cake. ;-)

TexasBred":39n6zpzq said:
Just meet him at the door wearing something from Victoria's Secret. He'll forget what dinner is. :lol:

:lol2:

I agree with DB. whats wrong with mac n cheese. Especially if you make it from scratch and its easy to do.

What about lasagna Tori it is easy to make and your mom can help you prepare everything ahead of time. Then pop it in the oven and hour or so before your boyfriend arrives and he will be none the wiser that you did not make it all yourself.

You can have sparkling cider instead of wine, or your favorite non alcohol beverage.

Desert will be a bonus so make something really good for him ,like a rich chocolate cake with pudding and whipped cream icing or even a cheese cake. Your mom can help you with that as well.. ;-)

Whatever you decide I'm sure you two will have a nice evening .. :)

Easy Lasagna & a bag salad

1# ground beef
1# italian sausage
lasagna noodles
colby/monterey jack cheese (a Tillamook small loaf)
2 - 3 jars spaghetti sauce
1 can mushrooms (drained)
1 can sliced black olives (drained)

0. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Brown the ground beef and the sausage
2. Drain the grease from the pan
3. Add spag. sauce & mushrooms (& a little garlic powder if you have some)
4. Let the sauce simmer about 20 minutes (while you complete #5)

5. Use a cheese slicer to cut squares of cheese about 1/8 to 1/4 thick

6. Take a little of the sauce and put it in the bottom of an 11 x 13 pan
7. Lay lasagna noodles across the pan (no need to pre-cook them put them in the pan hard)
8. More sauce on top
9. Lay cheese squares 1 layer across the pan
10. Repeat steps 7 - 9 until you reach the top of the pan

11. For the top layer sprinkle the drained black olives across the top

12. Cover in aluminum foil and into the oven for about 45 minutes
13. Remove aluminum foil
14. Bake additional 15 minutes to brown the top a little

15. Serve with parmesan cheese and a bag salad

Voila! Dinner!

Desert will be a bonus so make something really good for him ,like a rich chocolate cake with pudding

Thanks! :shock: now I got to get me some of this :D

Tori
He is 17 with such a beautiful young lady as yourself in the room he will not notice what you feed and and probably won't care so grill him a hamburger and he will think it is filet mignon just because you made it
He will be all goo goo eyed just thinking someone as beautiful as you is giving him the priviledge of being your boyfriend

the thing to remember about guys they will eat anything and they only have one thing on their minds so don't stress over what to feed him

texas... i can't meet him at the door in something form victorias secret. mom will be home when he gets there.

and angus, thank you for the complement. i think i might make burgers or steak. idk. i'll figure it out. i got a bit before he's here.

thanks for all the ideas everyone!

and that chocolate cake sounds really good right now on my day off from school :D

Tori,
Sounds like you will do alright. As long as you can read and understand a recipe you should be fine.

Here's a story for you. My oldest sister decided to make dinner to impress her boyfriend at the time. She was going to bar-be-que some chicken. Recipe called for cooking the chicken in the microwave first then grilling on bar-be-que. She didn't read the recipe fully. It called for thawed chicken. :shock:
Needless to say the chicken was pretty raw.
I still haven't figured out how she messed up the banana cream pie. It never did set up, it was instant pudding. :lol2:

Latest posts