not a very talented cook...

Help Support CattleToday:

ILH your pudding reference reminds me of when I was a kid and my parents would go away for the weekend and leave us girls alone. Well my sister being older was to make the meals and all she liked to eat at the time was lemon pudding ( i am sure that is also all she new how to make as well) so that is what she made ALL the time.. To this day I cannot eat lemon pudding or lemon meringue pie... :help:

Mom and Dad should have kicked her butt, how irresponsible. She still can't cook to this day.. :lol2:

Good luck with dinner Grand chaser and let us know how it went.. :wave:

hillsdown":1gm580ij said:
What about lasagna Tori it is easy to make and your mom can help you prepare everything ahead of time. Then pop it in the oven and hour or so before your boyfriend arrives and he will be none the wiser that you did not make it all yourself.

You can have sparkling cider instead of wine, or your favorite non alcohol beverage.

Desert will be a bonus so make something really good for him ,like a rich chocolate cake with pudding and whipped cream icing or even a cheese cake. Your mom can help you with that as well.. ;-)

Whatever you decide I'm sure you two will have a nice evening .. :)

That's a good idea. At 17, I doubt he would really appreciate a good steak. Lasagna is a good choice. Or even spagetti and meatballs. Couple of very good recipes for meatballs on the board. Heck, if he eats some of the meatballs posted on the board he might go home and slap his ma for feeding him that nasty stuff out of the can.

Jo: he has a fondness for his steak. as do i lol.

i think we're gonna go out lol. if not... i'm thinkin some of moms shepards pie mmmmm yumm. and then hmmm... idk what to do for desert!

grand chaser09":2rv9jtur said:
Jo: he has a fondness for his steak. as do i lol.

i think we're gonna go out lol. if not... i'm thinkin some of moms shepards pie mmmmm yumm. and then hmmm... idk what to do for desert!

I got this hunch that you could serve him saltine crackers and sardines and he would be happy as a lark as long as he was sharing the meal with you. :tiphat: