Nosy People (Part two)

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
My roommate and I look like complete opposites. She has hair extensions, only has skinny jeans, and always wears heels. So everybody always asks me, "Do you like your room mate?" And since I do I always say, "Yes" which confuses the crap out of them. :lol: After questioning me on it a thousand times, I finally get it through to them that the two of us not only get along, but are friends. It gets really old, because a lot of the people that ask me this, admit that they've never talked to her. And so they are assuming this based off of her appearance (I know most of these people really well).

Moral of the short story, don't judge people by their appearance.

FarmGirl10":1o6twh8c said:
WOW, what insight. Too bad there isn;t and old saying about that!

dun":sbttd7lc said:
FarmGirl10":sbttd7lc said:
WOW, what insight. Too bad there isn't and old saying about that!
Unfortunately in the "big world" people are judged on appearance. After qualifications, appearance is the first obstacle to employment.

dun":bxcx5y49 said:
FarmGirl10":bxcx5y49 said:
WOW, what insight. Too bad there isn;t and old saying about that!
Dun, i know, but no one ever follows it.

My college roommate and I were absolute best friends and continued to be very close up until about ten years ago.

Now she is very very liberal , doesn't believe in the institution of marriage even though she has lived with the same guy for the last 8 years and have 2 kids together. She was a professional student for 12 years and is a teacher by degree but does not have a job she doesn't want to limit her choices ,and hopes there is an election called soon so the libs get back in.

I am acquaintances with her now ,but we differ so much there is no way we could even be real friends anymore..

We spent alot of wasted nights out on the town together ,maybe the only thing we had in common at the time was youth and being on our own for the first time away from our parents..... :lol2:

HD sounds like now your old "roomie" has a lot of wasted day and nights. Maybe she could try her hand with "ACORN". :lol2: :lol2:

Jogeephus":4ozm6ky6 said:
FarmGirl10":4ozm6ky6 said:
She has hair extensions, only has skinny jeans, and always wears heels.

I'm going to assume that she is not on the rugby team then. ;-) :lol2:
:lol: No, but she was going to support me if I decided to, and tell people that I was in fact straight.

I agreed to something crazy! I am going to be playing life sized barbie! :shock: And I've seen what she does to her hair, and it looks painful.

FarmGirl10":344dkphd said:
Jogeephus":344dkphd said:
FarmGirl10":344dkphd said:
She has hair extensions, only has skinny jeans, and always wears heels.

I'm going to assume that she is not on the rugby team then. ;-) :lol2:
:lol: No, but she was going to support me if I decided to, and tell people that I was in fact straight.

I agreed to something crazy! I am going to be playing life sized barbie! :shock: And I've seen what she does to her hair, and it looks painful.

So, you are letting her do your hair? Good luck!

I never had a lot of luck with roommates in college. First one, my parents hooked up with her parents at freshman orientation, and we were complete, exact, opposites. Found the next one through the school paper and we got on for a couple of years even though she was "interesting". Finally ended up living with two brothers and we got along well, and not for the reasons you are thinking. They both worked all the time so I seldom saw them. Now, that's a roommate I can get along with!

greatgerts":30p3qye0 said:
FarmGirl10":30p3qye0 said:

:help: She's all excited about it too.

FarmGirl10":x5d43o2n said:
greatgerts":x5d43o2n said:
FarmGirl10":x5d43o2n said:

:help: She's all excited about it too.

To heck with what everyone else thinks. If yall get along then thats fine.

peg4x4":1co6vdfo said:
Are you gonna post photos of the hairdo?? Hope so..
I will, I'm not sure when she's going to do it though. She was going to for saterday, but I'm leaving for the state fair around 5:30-6:00 AM and I doubt she'd want to do it that early.

if it's one of the fancy braid jobs,better set aside a chunk of time to do it..

peg4x4":bngd985p said:
if it's one of the fancy braid jobs,better set aside a chunk of time to do it..
I'm not 100% sure what she's doing, if she does it like hers, itll be teased big!!! :shock:

Latest posts