Nose rings

Help Support CattleToday:

OwnedByTheCow

Reaction score
I have a young bull that I was thinking about showing this year but the only problem is that he would have to have a nose ring. I am completely against putting a permanent nose ring on him, is there any not permanent nose rings I can use?

Yes, there are clip in ones. A couple different designs.
They get pretty fussy about their heads putting them in and out, so watch your face!
I go with a regular ring, easier to get a hold of for me. You can always take it out after show season. (They do not need to be "permanent". You need to have them done a month or two ahead of time to heal though.

Yes, that is a concern. I make sure that there is nothing for him to get it caught on.
You have to train them to the feel and use of the nose ring. By doing so, each time you put the clip in, they will get to slinging their head around. (Not wanting you to clip it in.) It could be pretty hard to deal with if you are not accustom to it.

Here the bulls don't have to have one in to show if they are under 1 yr. old. How old will your bull be, and what are your show regulations??

Read the rules carefully - some (if not most) shows specifically require a permanent ring.

I've had a few bulls in the past with rings. I use a spring loaded ring and after I get a halter on him i put the ring in, it takes time to get the whole clipping in the ring thing down because they don't like it. but I don't leave the ring n them when there tied up or loose. only for walking them.

Latest posts