nose discharge

Help Support CattleToday:

bullfighter

Reaction score
I was wandering if any nose discharge is ok? I am having a light white snot coming outta 14 or so 500 pounders. There is a light cough through them but not constant and not really attention grabbing. They have a great apptite still and aren't to sluggish. A friend swears by zuprevo and its super expensive but is it worth it? Any way im new here sorry for the rambling....

bullfighter":dv64opkh said:
I was wandering if any nose discharge is ok? I am having a light white snot coming outta 14 or so 500 pounders. There is a light cough through them but not constant and not really attention grabbing. They have a great apptite still and aren't to sluggish. A friend swears by zuprevo and its super expensive but is it worth it? Any way im new here sorry for the rambling....

Might be nothing

Or It might be something

Grab a sample and get it tested

Or

Might be cheaper to have a vet come in for a consult

Are you prepared to spend a couple hundred bucks to potentially prevent a 1000 plus buck loss?

Lose one and your profit takes a hit

Lots of knowledge on this board, but in truth I would not use much medical advice from here very often simply because none of us can actually see what you are asking about.

Bez

A lot of what I would do depends on the weater in your area. A bit of a winter cold is no big deal if you're in a mild climate, if it's cold and wet/windy/snowy then I would be concerned and think about antibiotics.