Northern Angus?

Help Support CattleToday:

S.R.R.

Reaction score
On the front page of cattle today the add for good bred cows and pairs has Northern Angus forsale. What is a Northern Angus compared to a reg. Angus?

S.R.R.":1tj9i3yv said:
On the front page of cattle today the add for good bred cows and pairs has Northern Angus forsale. What is a Northern Angus compared to a reg. Angus?

I think in this case they mean angus cattle from one of the northern tier states (Mt., Wyo., Dakotas, Idaho, etc.)- which usually buyers will pay a premium for...Much of it has to do with not only the grass and grazing conditions they're raised on, but the fact these cattle come from an area where there are many less parasite and disease problems- and they are known not to have any brahma influence.....

cowsense":caxndpe8 said:
SRR- you know danged well the best Northern cattle are Canadian!!! :lol: :lol: ;-) :nod:
Canadian and the northern tier of states that Oldtimer is talking about. Not just any northern states.

cowsense":l138z5hy said:
SRR- you know danged well the best Northern cattle are Canadian!!! :lol: :lol: ;-) :nod:
Well I cant argue with you there :) ;-)

cowsense":2c5bwtbz said:
lol SRR I didn't say what breed of canadian cattle though :lol: :lol: :roll: ;-)
I am sure it is whatever breed your raising! :lol: :lol:

Latest posts