Northeners!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Yall up nort,It's time to close your doors and gates now.I've had enough of your cold north wind.
It's 29 degrees and chill factor 17.Enough already. :mad: :mad:
Weatherman even talking light snow and some frost.
We we're doing find with spring like weather until yall decided we we were having it too good I rekon.

Yall can stop it now.
Cal

It's just that 50 mph wind that blew from texas all last week returning home , all your Texas hot air scurrying back to the panhandle , Ha !

Drove back to Ks from az last week and had that wind blowing me all over the road

It's pretty nice in Indiana. 40+ and some light rain. I'm expecting the first bikini of summer anytime now. Y'all just need to move. :lol: (Bring some of that Texas $$ when you come. )

Yep! I've been using all the carbon I could find, hoping to become a cotton farmer. There is already some cotton in Ky, so it is only another 150 miles north to me. Surely, if we all pull together, we can warm the planet that much.

john250":1rddljvn said:
Yep! I've been using all the carbon I could find, hoping to become a cotton farmer. There is already some cotton in Ky, so it is only another 150 miles north to me. Surely, if we all pull together, we can warm the planet that much.

I thought about cotton too but after last year's fiasco with people getting hung on their contracts I think you might consider doing something different. Me, well I'm looking at putting in 800 acres of okra. On paper, I will be a millionaire in no time flat since I will be able to cut okra all through the summer and have continuous income. I'm pretty sure this will work cause I think I have learned to be conservative in my paper ciphering from my little cattle venture. Unlike cattle, which was a sure thing, I think okra is surer than sure. ;-)

BTW - I'm not giving up on cattle cause I know once I reach 20,000 head I will be all but guaranteed a million dollars a year. I'm so pleased there is money in this business.

Jogeephus":1wkfpqnn said:
john250":1wkfpqnn said:

I thought about cotton too but after last year's fiasco with people getting hung on their contracts I think you might consider doing something different. Me, well I'm looking at putting in 800 acres of okra. On paper, I will be a millionaire in no time flat since I will be able to cut okra all through the summer and have continuous income. I'm pretty sure this will work cause I think I have learned to be conservative in my paper ciphering from my little cattle venture. Unlike cattle, which was a sure thing, I think okra is surer than sure. ;-)

BTW - I'm not giving up on cattle cause I know once I reach 20,000 head I will be all but guaranteed a million dollars a year. I'm so pleased there is money in this business.

My goal is 5 million head. I'll lose $100 /head, but I'll make it up on volume.

john250":17w18pn0 said:

Not only that, but YOU WILL BE TOO BIG TO FAIL. Ha, you are a smart fella! Its all so clear to me. Positioning yourself for some of that bailout money I see. Might want to go ahead and get yourself a contract for your bonus right away.

Jogeephus":7twq23dr said:
john250":7twq23dr said:

Not only that, but YOU WILL BE TOO BIG TO FAIL. Ha, you are a smart fella! Its all so clear to me. Positioning yourself for some of that bailout money I see. Might want to go ahead and get yourself a contract for your bonus right away.

Too big to fail. That has a nice ring to it. I AM too big to fail, as I might bring some fertilizer and mineral dealers with me. A couple of liquor stores. :lol: My Ford dealer. Yep, pass the bailout funds. I'm green, I'm "shovel ready". Or "pitchfork ready".

i thought angie an misty locked an barred the door 2wks ago.but dang they sure unlocked it this morning.it was 36 here.so built a fire in the heater again.reckon theyll open the door again about easter time tho.

kscowboy":1prnwsrm said:
It's just that 50 mph wind that blew from texas all last week returning home , all your Texas hot air scurrying back to the panhandle , Ha !

Drove back to Ks from az last week and had that wind blowing me all over the road

A negetive on the hot air that's for sure.

Cal

You southerners will find anything to beotch about. First you complain that it is too hot and dry so us northerners are kind and oblige by sending you some cool air and moisture (BTW you did not stipulate that snow was not welcome :p ) and now you complain that it is too cold and wet.. :?

Just cannot please you people.... :roll: :lol2:

hillsdown":393p6cph said:
You southerners will find anything to beotch about. First you complain that it is too hot and dry so us northerners are kind and oblige by sending you some cool air and moisture (BTW you did not stipulate that snow was not welcome :p ) and now you complain that it is too cold and wet.. :?

Wait a minute I'm not complainin about the moisture,but I would rather not have it in the white powdered form.

Cal

Jogeephus":1jw0nodg said:
john250":1jw0nodg said:

Think of all the jobs you can create for picking and the job credits. Shouldn't be to hard to flood and break the market. Will be only a matter of time before you will be paid NOT to plant okra. Then you can move on to something else. :kid:

1982vett":2ripky5c said:
Think of all the jobs you can create for picking and the job credits. Shouldn't be to hard to flood and break the market. Will be only a matter of time before you will be paid NOT to plant okra. Then you can move on to something else.

You are really giving me some food for thought here. :nod: Your idea about getting paid for doing nothing is novel for sure. Did you come up with that all by yourself or is there some precendent for this. I like the idea very much. It sounds so ..... um ..... fair and balanced.

hillsdown":2ripky5c said:

If you send any cold weather down this way and it messes up my sweet corn I'm going to send you a box of love bugs and fire ants and we'll see you has the last laugh.

IMG_3312.jpg

Jogeephus":zc1oh11w said:
hillsdown":zc1oh11w said:

If you send any cold weather down this way and it messes up my sweet corn I'm going to send you a box of love bugs and fire ants and we'll see you has the last laugh.

Yep, I'm putting the old wives tale that "mesquite doesn't get frosted off" to the test. My haygrazer I planted is starting to come up. Pecans have big swollen buds too. Hope they know what they are doing. I guess we we will find out tomorrow.

Latest posts