Non working bull

Help Support CattleToday:

rocket2222

Reaction score
Well all this talk about working bulls got me thinking, dang it, I wished I had 25/30 cows to put with him right now, give him something to do.

Took this pic today. Last time he seen any grain was probably Feb/March some time, when I gave him a 2 scoop treat of sweet feed. He's bored.

IMG_256111.jpg

I wished I had 25/30 cows to put with him right now

Glad you don't have them now.... that is to avoid disapointment.... according to the experts a bull as fat as yours will never breed a cow, can't remember exactly what body parts will all break off, but I know you're set up for disaster. ;-)

I am just glad to see hereford bulls that can get in that condition on grass, it is a much more important trait than the scientists believe. If more cows were able to do that profit from a cow calf operation would not be all that illusive (and we would even keep Red Bull Breeder and MikeC in business).

KNERSIE":1z41yhls said:

Glad you don't have them now.... that is to avoid disapointment.... according to the experts a bull as fat as yours will never breed a cow, can't remember exactly what body parts will all break off, but I know you're set up for disaster. ;-)

I am just glad to see hereford bulls that can get in that condition on grass, it is a much more important trait than the scientists believe. If more cows were able to do that profit from a cow calf operation would not be all that illusive (and we would even keep Red Bull Breeder and MikeC in business).
Cows fat on grass----Imagine that !!!!!!! :banana:

KNERSIE":b5ebx0q3 said:

or make it in the real world of cattle ranching,,, id put him on some sort of fitness program,

That smear on his rear end would indicate a hot ration. :nod:
Good thing to keep him on level ground :cowboy:
There ain't a cattleman in his right mind would put that bull with a cow herd :frowns:
Nice bull tho 8) bring a top Kill price. 8)

BRG":wsifc3d8 said:
I have seen lush green grass make that smear as well.
and thank GOD our pastures have been lush this year,, cant understand why a cattleman in his right mind...."those three words dont go together" wouldnt want too put pounds on his calves

KNERSIE":1yn1naia said:

WHEW!!! I'm glad you warned me, I was kind of hoping it was a trait he would pass on to his calves, at least not take anything away from the dams easy doing abilities. Now I guess, I take him to the sale barn, and go buy a hard keeping, hard doing, pencil gutted, buttless bull just to avoid that type of disaster.

BRG":2x098a8y said:
I have seen lush green grass make that smear as well.
mnmtranching":2x098a8y said:
Good thing to keep him on level ground :cowboy:
There ain't a cattleman in his right mind would put that bull with a cow herd :frowns:
Nice bull tho 8) bring a top Kill price. 8)

I don't know how many times I've asked my wife, the next time she as a few minutes, take a stiff brush or comb and go down and clean off all that old crud on the cows and bulls butts, it's just not good management. For some reason I always get that " you know where to stick that brush" stare back from her though. :)
IMG_2566111.jpg

mnmtranching":2x098a8y said:

Just to be serious for a moment, although I obviously have no way to prove how my cattle are fed/raised/kept throughout the year, I don't think lying on a public forum, in the long run, would be in my best interest.

redfornow":fa7jdqyu said:
Good looking bull
Who is he out of? Also, whats his frame?

Sires, World Class. Dam Churchill Lady 503R a P606 daughter, she was the high seller in Churchills female sale last year, sold for somewhere around $15000.00. I don't think I'd ever measured him, so I went out this evening and did it. He's 32/33 months old, measured 58 ins. That puts him at around a 6.3/6.4 frame.

Your bull looks pretty good. A question jumps to mind, could one consider nice lush grass a 'hot' ration cause if thats the case my cows finally get to see a 'hot' ration. ;-)

Latest posts