Non Essential Workers

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
Essential federal workers forced to work without pay during the shutdown will get back pay and overtime earned.

But is the federal government trying to pad expenses and run up the bill?
800,000 non essential workers will also receive back pay for the 16 days they were furloughed.
Doesn't that mean they just got a 16 day paid vacation?

Son of Butch said:
Essential federal workers forced to work without pay during the shutdown will get back pay and overtime earned.

But is the federal government trying to pad expenses and run up the bill?
800,000 non essential workers will also receive back pay for the 16 days they were furloughed.
Doesn't that mean they just got a 16 day paid vacation?[/quote] but i bet some didnt rest easy...

If they've been there very long they did---most folks with any time at their jobs were almost certain congress would vote to raise the ceiling and start back up before too long.

If Federal Employees get paid on the last day of each month how did any Fed Employee miss a Pay Period?

This last week I talked over the phone to a couple of the Fed employees I deal with. They seemed to be just puttering around catching up on chores and such. Just a paid vacation that could end any day so they couldn't take off on a trip or anything. But none were excited. Actually it would be nice to make them use vacation time to get paid. Because they have use it or loss it vacation time. Come December it gets down right slim over there as they are all trying to use up there vacation time.

If they are non-essential I wonder why they are there to begin with. Government should not have anybody on the payroll that is not essential to the operation of government. Anybody that does not fit the essential definition is only ripping off the tax payer.

Hoss, you are trying to apply logic to the government.

Some of these people actually were not "federal workers" but state workers who were hired by the state to fulfill obligations and mandates the feds put on them to do really hair splitting BS - usually in regulating. The state's would have refused to comply with the nonsense if it were left up to them to pay these salaries on their own so the feds actually pay the state for these positions but in time the feds pull the teet out of the state's mouth and the state is left to pay or get rid of them and as we all know once a government job is created it is never done away with and the taxpayer is left flipping the bill in higher taxes.

I know this is correct because my wife was scheduled for an audit by these people and when they come she becomes ill and when she becomes ill I become ill. She was more than happy when she learned these people had been furloughed. Oh, and I was happy too. :banana: