Non emmison sthil carb?

Help Support CattleToday:

not sure, but there's a possiblity that a 044 carb would fit.. can probably be found on Ebay.

There are a number of chainsaw groups on Facebook if you're on there, as well as Arboristsite.com and a bunch of others.. outdoorpowerequipment, sawhogs, etc

They usually come with a Walboro and the AM's are Zama or no name stamped on them. Buying the AM are hit and miss, but I have had pretty good luck with them. MS 440 and 044 have the same carb as I have both saws, but the MS441 is an EPA carb. I would try a carb kit first as they are easy to put in just have to be careful with the little tricky spring. Usually the problem is a deformed carb needle tip from ethanol gas or a stiff diaphragm. Also what is the chainsaw doing as it may not be the carburetor? NE Tennessee what town are you close to?

Here is a manual for it....also page 48 is some good info.........

https://www.stihlusa.com/webcontent/cms ... manual.pdf

Here is a carb kit in the US that will ship fast........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/K10-HD-Carbure ... m570.l1313

Here is an AM carb that can be hit or miss.......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carb-Carbureto ... itleDesc=0

The saw is cutting off after about half an hour of sawing. About 4 pulls starts it back and it will run for another half an hour. I am about an hour east of Johnson City.

440 should not have an EPA carb, will likely have limiter caps but those are easily defeated with side cutters.

I would check the tank vent as well.

hillbilly beef man":32kal87s said:
The saw is cutting off after about half an hour of sawing. About 4 pulls starts it back and it will run for another half an hour. I am about an hour east of Johnson City.
If the saw is running right and cutting off after getting hot might be a coil issue, but usually they want start back until cool. Also as stated tank vent or intank fuel line bad, intank filter plugged, they could run right and then go south after a few minutes. A pressure/vacuum of the tank can check the vent and line quick, could be incarb screen about plugged You must be close Shady Valley/Mountain City area.

jltrent":npz1b9n3 said:
hillbilly beef man":npz1b9n3 said:
If the saw is running right and cutting off after getting hot might be a coil issue, but usually they want start back until cool. Also as stated tank vent or intank fuel line bad, intank filter plugged, they could run right and then go south after a few minutes. A pressure/vacuum of the tank can check the vent and line quick, could be incarb screen about plugged You must be close Shady Valley/Mountain City area.
Highway 421 into and out of Shady Valley is a must ride if you like mountains.

True Grit Farms":1oinw49f said:
jltrent":1oinw49f said:
hillbilly beef man":1oinw49f said:
Highway 421 into and out of Shady Valley is a must ride if you like mountains.
After going over that mountain up by Bristol Nascar Race Track (the way I go) that valley opens up and is one of the prettiest places I have been.

Remember these curves TGF? I live on mountain curves and this has me on my toes driving.
7024382.jpg

Here is a picture, but it doesn't do it justice as far as beauty though....As soon as you come out of the mountain this is what you see and a Zetor tractor dealer on the right...
bd79c7ca-a0d5-4e03-b6e8-a548248134de.c10.jpg

5382147999_a1508c9fec_b.jpg

Sept3-Shady-valley.jpg

Snake-Burger.jpg

Latest posts