Non-cow question.

Help Support CattleToday:

We have Direct TV since that was all that was available when we moved here. We've had it at boith places and no problems with service or getting it moved. Friends have Dish that they moved from NV and haven;t had any problems either.
We have the basic barebones package. The folks with Dish have the super gee whiz package with everything including local stations.
They felt that Direct was going to be a better value when they moved and had planned on changing. Because of the location of the satellites for the 2 companys they would have to knock down a couplew of huge trees to get Direct so they stayed with Dish.
The only issue I have with satellite, wether it's TV or Internet is the signal being lost during electriocal sotrms.

dun

dun":2wgfj963 said:
We have Direct TV since that was all that was available when we moved here. We've had it at boith places and no problems with service or getting it moved. Friends have Dish that they moved from NV and haven;t had any problems either.
We have the basic barebones package. The folks with Dish have the super gee whiz package with everything including local stations.
They felt that Direct was going to be a better value when they moved and had planned on changing. Because of the location of the satellites for the 2 companys they would have to knock down a couplew of huge trees to get Direct so they stayed with Dish.
The only issue I have with satellite, wether it's TV or Internet is the signal being lost during electriocal sotrms.

dun
You have got to keep your weather radio on 24/7. A small Thunderstorm will knock the signal out. Never fails when the Wife is watchin "Desperate HouseWhores"

Crowderfarms":1vg0j5t5 said:
We have the Direct TV HD Package, and it was a great deal, because we got a 200.00 rebate check on the HD receiver when we signed up. The only hitch was we had to keep the service 24 months, and the HD package is 9.99 a month on top of the regular service. We got a free DVD palyer too.

The problem with any of the satellite services, is the outsourcing of calls.Seems certain times of day, Habib Mohammad gets the calls.

That must be the difference, and the need for a contract. I've never done the HD thing, got the free DVD player, nor had to deal with 'Habib Mohammad', either. Simplicity does have it advantages! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Texas Gal":oco8wyuy said:
We've had Dish for the past 8 or 9 years. We have the top 180 package ( which is everything except the movie channels.) and 2 receivers (keeps the peace better that way :) )for $63.73/month. However, we are considering going to HD in one room and are checking between Dish and Direct. I'm pretty PO'd at Dish - their really good HD specials are for "new customers" only. How 'bout that customer appreciation? So we are seriously looking at changing to Direct. Our reception is usually great - except for during a real downpour but we're in the midst of drought so haven't had that problem lately.

I've got the Dish HD/DVR at the ranch. One advantage to it is you get the second room at no extra cost. The second room is not HD but that was no problem for me. You can also watch one channel and record another.

Those DVR/Tivo things will sure spoil you.

We have dish, did have direct, changed to dish because we couldn't get RFD on direct. Problems? Only during severe thunderstorms. WE did not choose to tie in our phone line so we can't order movies(NO BIG Deal) We have three receivers and can watch different channels on 4 different TVs at once
The price is competitive for both
BUD

Latest posts