Nolan Ryan's All-Natural Beef -- What Cattle Breed?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bullitt

Reaction score
I saw a TV commercial for Kroger grocery stores and Nolan Ryan's All-Natural Beef and I was curious what breed of cattle he is using.

Here is the website: nolanryanbeef.com

The cattle I am curious about are the ones in the picture without Nolan Ryan. They look like they have some Brahman influence. Maybe Beefmaster?

Bullitt":1kz0fqqv said:
M.Magis":1kz0fqqv said:
Pretty sure he raises beefmasters.

Did you take a look at the picture?
No, I was on my phone. I was basing that off a TV show I wached on his operation. I was pretty sure NRB was all beefmaster, though I think he may have some longhorns also?

Caustic Burno":389hkwkj said:
http://beefmasters.org/blog/2013/guest-blog-nolan-ryans-all-natural-beef-tough-talk-about-tenderness

Thank you.

It seems that Nolan Ryan's All-Natural Beef is a program started by Beefmaster Breeders United. It stated that Beefmaster Breeders United was looking for a program after the success of the American Angus Association and its promotion of Angus beef.

M.Magis":kdf5febd said:
Bullitt":kdf5febd said:
M.Magis":kdf5febd said:
Pretty sure he raises beefmasters.

No, I was on my phone. I was basing that off a TV show I wached on his operation. I was pretty sure NRB was all beefmaster, though I think he may have some longhorns also?

In the other picture with Nolan Ryan on a horse, it appears to be a Texas Longhorn or a cross being herded. He may have other breeds, or that could just be a picture for the website.

Bullitt":1958qbct said:
M.Magis":1958qbct said:
Bullitt":1958qbct said:

In the other picture with Nolan Ryan on a horse, it appears to be a Texas Longhorn or a cross being herded. He may have other breeds, or that could just be a picture for the website.

They have pure bred Brahman and other Brahman crosses also.

Is it the pic that is in CBs link? Those are Brahman Xs.

I don't doubt he has few LH for pasture ornaments.

Brute 23":wojbevt2 said:

The pictures are on the website nolanryanbeef.com and there is one picture of apparently lightly colored Beefmaster cattle. In the picture with Nolan Ryan on a horse there appears to be a Texas Longhorn or a cross being herded.

The article explained that Beefmaster Breeders United and Nolan Ryan started Nolan Ryan's All-Natural Beef, so they use Beefmaster cattle.

Bullitt":p1lmbfuj said:
M.Magis":p1lmbfuj said:
Bullitt":p1lmbfuj said:

Could be a beefmaster cross ..some are marked up like longhorn, and have their horns intact...

Bullitt":3mgcy10o said:
Brute 23":3mgcy10o said:

The pictures are on the website nolanryanbeef.com and there is one picture of apparently lightly colored Beefmaster cattle. In the picture with Nolan Ryan on a horse there appears to be a Texas Longhorn or a cross being herded.

The article explained that Beefmaster Breeders United and Nolan Ryan started Nolan Ryan's All-Natural Beef, so they use Beefmaster cattle.
So they claim. Must have a small % of the market because he only has a certain number of producers he works with and they are not huge. You could put his endorsement on a corriente steak and folks would buy it and pay a premium for it.

Bullitt":129s3dzh said:
Brute 23":129s3dzh said:

This one?

Brute 23":uv5xr1xh said:
Bullitt":uv5xr1xh said:
Brute 23":uv5xr1xh said:

This one?

That grey and white one in the picture could be a Longhorn.

TexasBred":ahwxtqhk said:
Bullitt":ahwxtqhk said:
Brute 23":ahwxtqhk said:

So they claim. Must have a small % of the market because he only has a certain number of producers he works with and they are not huge. You could put his endorsement on a corriente steak and folks would buy it and pay a premium for it.

They state that the beef is sold through Kroger grocery stores only in Texas and Louisiana.

Bullitt":1ccnk7z3 said:
Brute 23":1ccnk7z3 said:
Bullitt":1ccnk7z3 said:

This one?

That grey and white one in the picture could be a Longhorn.

Beefmaster X