Nolan Ryan's All-Natural Beef -- What Cattle Breed?

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks like Beefmaster Charlois or maybe even Charbray down South Texas. One things for sure. Ryan's got enough baseball stadiums to make money on all beef ballpark hotdogs!

Was watching either a Red Angus or Simmental sale last year on DVAuction and one of the buyers was Nolan Ryan, the guy running the sale was giddy about it, doubt it is 100% Beefmaster.

insurman":9wngzupk said:
Was watching either a Red Angus or Simmental sale last year on DVAuction and one of the buyers was Nolan Ryan, the guy running the sale was giddy about it, doubt it is 100% Beefmaster.

There is a video online where he talks about have beefmaster, a herd of Brahman's for replacements, and Angus bulls.

Brute 23":1ftehrn2 said:
I don't see how the beef can be any good with all that Brahman influence.

Beef masters have British breeds genetics too, perhaps they have breed their beefmaster to be Tender and for Marbling?

gaurus":f2z8jmw7 said:
Brute 23":f2z8jmw7 said:
I don't see how the beef can be any good with all that Brahman influence.

Beef masters have British breeds genetics too, perhaps they have breed their beefmaster to be Tender and for Marbling?

Sorry :) ... I was being sarcastic. Im all about that Brahman beef.

Thank you for posting that video.

It is nice to see someone raising cattle that are not black and it not seeming to matter one bit in regards to profit.

Bullitt":tol2macq said:

Thank you for posting that video.

It is nice to see someone raising cattle that are not black and it not seeming to matter one bit in regards to profit.

You don't hardly see black cattle south of me. Lots of Beefmasters, Gerts, lots of commercial Brahman crosses like you see in the back ground of the video, even some Chars.

Brute 23":2lysik93 said:
You don't hardly see black cattle south of me. Lots of Beefmasters, Gerts, lots of commercial Brahman crosses like you see in the back ground of the video, even some Chars.

That makes sense. Black is the worst color in the heat. I think heat is a reason many Brahman cattle are grey and many Texas Longhorns have at least some white hair.

Some Brahman or Longhorn blood is good for cattle to handle that South Texas heat. It looked like Nolan Ryan's Beefmasers were mostly a light red color, which would be much better than black. I know when Beefmaster was developed the hair color was not considered. But Beefmasters are generally light to dark red, and sometimes with some white hair.

I would guess that black Angus cattle would be spending more time in the shade in the heat. Angus cattle were developed in the cold weather of Scotland.

There are many black Corriente cattle. But hair color is not the only factor that make cattle heat tolerant.

Bullitt":1tjepyzh said:
Brute 23":1tjepyzh said:

That makes sense. Black is the worst color in the heat. I think heat is a reason many Brahman cattle are grey and many Texas Longhorns have at least some white hair.

Some Brahman or Longhorn blood is good for cattle to handle that South Texas heat. It looked like Nolan Ryan's Beefmasers were mostly a light red color, which would be much better than black. I know when Beefmaster was developed the hair color was not considered. But Beefmasters are generally light to dark red, and sometimes with some white hair.

I would guess that black Angus cattle would be spending more time in the shade in the heat. Angus cattle were developed in the cold weather of Scotland.

There are many black Corriente cattle. But hair color is not the only factor that make cattle heat tolerant.

Your sure all over the place on this post, but maybe that's why we have zebras.

True Grit Farms":2512odb8 said:

I was just discussing hair color of cattle and how it helps to be heat tolerant. I thought it was one subject.

Zebras developed stripes to confuse attacking lions.

Bullitt":26h6bo44 said:
True Grit Farms":26h6bo44 said:

I was just discussing hair color of cattle and how it helps to be heat tolerant. I thought it was one subject.

Zebras developed stripes to confuse attacking lions.

Really, why didn't all of the lions prey develop stripes then?

Too slow. Zebras came with racing stripes, as generations progressed more and more racing stripes until too fast to
catch and everyone knows that too much fast food will make you/lion sick.

p.s.
I'm pretty sure....
Cheetahs evolved from the smallest fastest zebras and got so fast the racing stripes blurred and turned to spots.

Latest posts