No Till Drill

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
It appears that Kubota has bought Land Pride and Great Plains.

I am looking at two different no till drills.

The NTS2507 7' wide about $10K new, NTS2509 9' wide about $12K new or the NTS2511 11' wide

and

The 3P606NT 6' wide about $13K new

Not sure why the first one is cheaper, while being bigger

Anyone familiar with these models, especially the cheaper bigger ones

Land Pride and Great Plains are the same thing now

https://www.landpride.com/product-search/compact-drills

https://www.greatplainsag.com/en/implem ... o-till-152

HDRider":299501wh said:

The NTS2507 7' wide about $10K new, NTS2509 9' wide about $12K new or the NTS2511 11' wide

and

Unless spending money to avoid paying taxes or continually drilling large areas year after year I'm not sure it pencils out to own it. If you rent it out most of the time someone tears it up for you to fix.. don't ask how I know. It may be best to rent 1 as needed I wish I had

None around to rent or I would.

I have come to the conclusion nothing pencils out when it comes to cattle

skyhightree1":3jmtuohp said:
HDRider":3jmtuohp said:

and

Unless spending money to avoid paying taxes or continually drilling large areas year after year I'm not sure it pencils out to own it. If you rent it out most of the time someone tears it up for you to fix.. don't ask how I know. It may be best to rent 1 as needed I wish I had

I think I can make money with one.
As property's countinue to get smaller and smaller. I get lots of customers asking about this service. 10 to 50 acres it seems like BTOs won't mess with.
The hobby farmers who work in town wanna live the dream to. Nothing wrong with that. I plan to get a smaller one by spring.

callmefence":lxbz9r48 said:
skyhightree1":lxbz9r48 said:
HDRider":lxbz9r48 said:

and

As property's countinue to get smaller and smaller. I get lots of customers asking about this service. 10 to 50 acres it seems like BTOs won't mess with.
The hobby farmers who work in town wanna live the dream to. Nothing wrong with that. I plan to get a smaller one by spring.
That is in the back of my mind.

Our area is different. We are not close to any cities, so less demand.

HDRider":zykn6ns1 said:
callmefence":zykn6ns1 said:
skyhightree1":zykn6ns1 said:

I don't live close to any big cities. County seat population is 18k. But there is still a decent demand for no till drilling. I bought a Great Plains 2 years ago. I plant around 300 acres a year without even trying. Easy money but I just really don't have the time to do anymore. I've been charging $28/ac for tractor/driver/drill and based on reactions I wonder if I'm too cheap. Fairly easy to pay for one in a few years at that rate.

Two kinds of customers.
1) Those who can't do it themselves bc of lack of equipment, knowledge,or time.
2) Those who can, but have more money than they know what to do with and need help spending it.

Sometimes I think both kinds are smarter than me.

JMJ Farms":2h5dktuj said:
HDRider":2h5dktuj said:
callmefence":2h5dktuj said:

I don't live close to any big cities. County seat population is 18k. But there is still a decent demand for no till drilling. I bought a Great Plains 2 years ago. I plant around 300 acres a year without even trying. Easy money but I just really don't have the time to do anymore. I've been charging $28/ac for tractor/driver/drill and based on reactions I wonder if I'm too cheap. Fairly easy to pay for one in a few years at that rate.

Two kinds of customers.
2) Those who can, but have more money than they know what to do with and need help spending it.

How big is your drill jmj?

5S Cattle":2ffv6z62 said:
JMJ Farms":2ffv6z62 said:
HDRider":2ffv6z62 said:

Two kinds of customers.

How big is your drill jmj?

7'. Sure wish it was 10' most of the time.

5S Cattle":3m3ou9b9 said:
We just got a Great Plains 10'. It's great until you have a tight gate or narrow road. That sucker is WIDE.
This is all I can do with my tractor. I think I may do it.
no-till_seeder_product_square.jpg

https://www.greatplainsint.com/en/produ ... ill-seeder

and this
prc_1.jpg

https://monroetufline.com/shop/agricult ... renovator/

JMJ Farms":2214cyho said:
HDRider":2214cyho said:
callmefence":2214cyho said:

Two kinds of customers.

i'd be charging more like 100/ac, with bigger tracts being reduced to maybe 50-60 ac. The drills are 10-20/ac to rent here depending.

ddd75":33a32xpr said:
JMJ Farms":33a32xpr said:
HDRider":33a32xpr said:

Two kinds of customers.

i'd be charging more like 100/ac, with bigger tracts being reduced to maybe 50-60 ac. The drills are 10-20/ac to rent here depending.

I think $50/ac would be about the max you could get here. Not sure if you could get that? Maybe. Idk. Above that, it's not feasible for the customers. However, nothing really surprises me anymore. Unless it's within 5-6 miles I won't even think about custom planting
unless it's a minimum of 25-30 acres. Any less than that and it's not worth the time.

I haven't solicited any customers since my little red wagon is full already and has three flat tires, but I have a 3 friends that I plant for yearly. One has about 75 acres and the other two have a shade over 100 each. That's really all I want to be responsible for at the current time. But if I could get $100/ac I'd do it 18 hours a day!

Latest posts