No Nuflor for breeding age cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

angus9259

Reaction score
Just read that on the Nuflor ad in this month's national cattleman. Yet another drug it seems I've misused - or been directed to misuse.

Any of you know about that?

angus9259":1e4zk76i said:
Just read that on the Nuflor ad in this month's national cattleman. Yet another drug it seems I've misused - or been directed to misuse.

Any of you know about that?

Nope. But we haven;t used Nuflor in years anyway. I use Excenel for about everything now

cfpinz":jaarx1n5 said:
It's been on the bottle for a long time. Oh well.
That;s why we use Excenel. I can get Excenel from the dairy whenever I need it. Just sent them a bottle yesterday since they ran out and the new order hasn;t come in yet

That has been on the bottle since day 1.
The effects of florfenicol on bovine reproductive performance pregnancy and lactation have not been determined. The correlation between the in vitro susceptibility data (MIC values) and clinical response has not been determined
I have been instructed by more than one vet to use it on bred cows from 1-9 months and have used it with great success ,no complications, as well have been instructed to use it on breeding age cattle with great success and the animals all re breed/breed back without complications.

Excenel is a good drug but it does not touch somethings that nuflor will. As with any drug be sure to follow withdrawl periods and error on the side of caution..

Latest posts