No no no.... Not today

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Got every other new calf Saturday tagged and again she's tricked me no way she's letting me near her baby....again

We had a cow that was like that but after her calf got to be 3-4 weeks old, would come right up and want to be fed and the calf learned quick to come through the creep gate and get a little grain when I fed. As long as it is the only one, you will know who it belongs to....

Lol....if you've got evert other calf tagged there is no reason to tag that one....it's ID is the one without a tag..... :) and the two most likely won't be very far apart. :D

TCRanch":xgai56a4 said:
She's the spittin' image in looks & demeanor of a cow I had named Satan. She came by that name honestly. Good luck getting that one tagged - safely!

I wont fool with it as its not where I have a working facility and will be sold anyway so ill leave it be. She isn't mean but she sure isn't the friendliest cow ever.

farmerjan":xgai56a4 said:
We had a cow that was like that but after her calf got to be 3-4 weeks old, would come right up and want to be fed and the calf learned quick to come through the creep gate and get a little grain when I fed. As long as it is the only one, you will know who it belongs to....

This cow is a pain she doesn't like people at all and stays away but will come up for feed but you definitely cant put you hand on her at all.

1982vett":xgai56a4 said:
Lol....if you've got evert other calf tagged there is no reason to tag that one....it's ID is the one without a tag..... :) and the two most likely won't be very far apart. :D

Yea when it gets sold this fall wont get anymore with a tag than without.

i dont tag because half of them get ripped out when they go in the woods/thicket, its a crapshoot either way for me

Latest posts