No new posts and Locked ???

Help Support CattleToday:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Sorry gentlemen, I tried to find something about this but didn't find it. So I have to bother you.

I saw some topics with a big star and other ones with a small star, but both says the same, something like "no more posts" and also there is another thread that it's locked and that it's not possible to edit posts or answer something else . Can someone explain me how this works ?

Thanks
Lorenzo

Sorry just saw that the small stars says "New post" !!!!!! So one less !! :D

The big stars " No new post" is telling me that no one has posted anything else since the last time I read it ??

And the lock is because the thread went to long or because somone said something inapropiate (sp?) ??

Thanks

L

Threads that have been locked down are usually done so because the moderators feel like thing may be getting a little out of hand. Or maybe they feel they have herd enough on the subject. Over the years CAB has usually become a volatile subject. I have probably contributed to that volatility. I really need to stay away from the subject entirely or take a Valium.
Anyway, the boards are privately owned and they can do what they want. I just appreciate the fact that we have them.

Sorry !!! I didn't know that it was a very discussed thread in the past. Anyway, I thank the moderators to allow it to be discuss again as I learned some good things in the thread.

I must start using the search button before starting threads that have been already discussed to death !!!

Personaly I think this is a great forum, for me, being able to receive knowledge and first hand experiences from so many breeders, farmers, etc from all around the world and specially from America it's something very informative and valuable. Priceless as MasterCard says... ;-)

L

Lorenzo":2u0rq2nx said:
Sorry !!! I didn't know that it was a very discussed thread in the past. Anyway, I thank the moderators to allow it to be discuss again as I learned some good things in the thread.

I must start using the search button before starting threads that have been already discussed to death !!!

Personaly I think this is a great forum, for me, being able to receive knowledge and first hand experiences from so many breeders, farmers, etc from all around the world and specially from America it's something very informative and valuable. Priceless as MasterCard says... ;-)

L

Lorenzo, I really enjoy your posts. I love to see the pics (especially the big hogs and hereford bulls). I like to learn about other countries and cultures. I have travelled all over the world except South America. I would love to get down there one day and experience one of those famous barbaques and see some of those big grassland pastures. I think they are called pampas?

baxter78":2pa1m9gh said:
novatech":2pa1m9gh said:
Threads that have been locked down are usually done so because the moderators feel like thing may be getting a little out of hand. Or maybe they feel they have herd enough on the subject. Over the years CAB has usually become a volatile subject. I have probably contributed to that volatility. I really need to stay away from the subject entirely or take a Valium.
Anyway, the boards are privately owned and they can do what they want. I just appreciate the fact that we have them.

Could even be that the particular moderator does not agree with your opinion and therefore locks you down.

Surely all the moderators are above tactics like that?! :secret:

Don't worry about it Lorenzo. You didn't get it locked, and there is some good information posted every time the topic is cussed and discussed. You have posted some great bull and some huge hogs how about showing some cows.

Well see there I have done it again.
My appologies to all. :oops:
Due to my lack of self control, the moderators really need to put an automitic switch next to my name that would delete my posts when certain things come up.

baxter78":civr8pvd said:
novatech":civr8pvd said:

Could even be that the particular moderator does not agree with your opinion and therefore locks you down.

Could be? Is there a pattern to get a hint when a moderater is changed? I would be interested in knowing when there are new moderators.

HerefordSire":2vn32vxz said:
Could be? Is there a pattern to get a hint when a moderater is changed? I would be interested in knowing when there are new moderators.

No moderator changes in several years

Latest posts