No more hurricanes

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett":2x75g0tz said:
Ya know, best I remember, Superman stopped them tornados by flying into them counter-clockwise.

Maybe Mr. Gates thinks ..... nah couldn't be .... maybe he just has never driven through the path of a hurricane. This thing would have to be huge. If you think about it, an inch of water on an acre equates to somewhere around 16000 gallons and we are talking hundreds of square miles here. The forces, volumes, energies and weights are tremendous. Just think about how much energy is required to hold 10 inches of rain in the air. Its mind boggling the power these things have. I just can't see it happening.

Mother Natures heat exchanger. Although destructive, it is necessary. You know the old saying "Don't mess with Mother Nature".

Jogeephus":1l1u2ajj said:
HS, thanks for the post but this is different than what they had on the TV news. They had a guy showing a small scale model of what they were talking about. This may have been the Green Version cause it was only powered by gravity. The barges would be like large sinks sitting on top of the water with a drain tube in them. When water splashed into the "sink" it would run out the bottom of the sink since the sink was above the water line. I don't know which one he is actually patenting - possibly both. But I seriously doubt you could count on electrity to run turbines. I also think the scale of something like this would be so tremendous it wouldn't be feasible.

if i remember right there is 231 cubic inches to a gallon of water
so something like 25000 for an inch over an acre
(don't have a calculator handy)

Jogeephus":2nu2a2ti said:
1982vett":2nu2a2ti said:
Jogeephus":2nu2a2ti said:
HS, thanks for the post but this is different than what they had on the TV news. They had a guy showing a small scale model of what they were talking about. This may have been the Green Version cause it was only powered by gravity. The barges would be like large sinks sitting on top of the water with a drain tube in them. When water splashed into the "sink" it would run out the bottom of the sink since the sink was above the water line. I don't know which one he is actually patenting - possibly both. But I seriously doubt you could count on electrity to run turbines. I also think the scale of something like this would be so tremendous it wouldn't be feasible.
Sounds like the perfect government project for the type of government we have today.

I don't know of anyone who has ever accused Mr. Gates of being stupid. ;-) :lol2:

Could employ a lot of welders and get the steel and metal manufacturers on their feet. Heck, once built it may also give us some good potential fishing platforms while we are all sitting around waiting on the mailman. :banana:
Nah! that would give work to the Chinese remember everything seems to have to go through them first, bring in a whole bunch of them to do the work..... as nothing is American or British built anymore.... :mad:

cross_7":m58pym9c said:
Jogeephus":m58pym9c said:

if i remember right there is 231 cubic inches to a gallon of water
so something like 25000 for an inch over an acre
(don't have a calculator handy)
your closer than Jo it is a little over 27,000 gallons

Jogeephus":yenhvta6 said:
Angus Cowman":yenhvta6 said:
your closer than Jo it is a little over 27,000 gallons

:oops: :oops: I can never remember this number. :oops: :oops: :lol2: :lol2:
only reason I could remember I had to show a guy the other night how much it was he didn't beleive me he was gonna try and use his 300 gal sprayer to water his fields :dunce:

Angus Cowman":11gjbk37 said:
only reason I could remember I had to show a guy the other night how much it was he didn't beleive me he was gonna try and use his 300 gal sprayer to water his fields

:lol2: :lol2: That's the only reason I even had a clue what it was too. I looked at putting a well in and the guy asked me how much water I wanted to be able to pump. I told him I wanted to put an inch of water in less than an hour. He told me the volume of water I needed for this and the size well I'd need and it just blew my mind. :shock:

At 500 gal a minute it takes almost an hour to the acre. Takes a river not a well but it can be done. I have a friend that does 152 acres of tobacco every two weeks when it is dry.

Jogeephus":1a1y7732 said:

Yep...did they put a model (scale model) over the top of those ships?? I mean.....Micro Bill I'm sure has seen a lot of rain and wind in his times but don't think he's weathered a hurricane in a dingy and even a barge a mile long would look like a dingy in the face of a hurricane. I figure if Cuba or the Yucatan ain't big enough to stop one a boat ain't either.

Latest posts