No more farm chores for rural children?

Help Support CattleToday:

The Dept of Labor caved and they are withdrawing the whole idea. They even say "we'll never bring that up again". One of the more thorough beat downs I have witnessed.

Don't call what kids do "work' or 'chores'- call it 'volunteering' or 'work experience'. The kids most likely to get jobs in our region are ones from farms as they are responsible, multi skilled and conscientious.

john250":2zw2qboa said:
The Dept of Labor caved and they are withdrawing the whole idea. They even say "we'll never bring that up again". One of the more thorough beat downs I have witnessed.
Do you have a link to that story?

dun":jr283noo said:
john250":jr283noo said:
Do you have a link to that story?

They were still reporting on the news yesterday that the law is a go.
I would rather watch a cat hack up hairballs than watch most of the network's report their so called news.

john250":3ap0i5ts said:
http://www.hoosieragtoday.com/index.php/2012/04/26/labor-department-withdraws-proposed-child-farm-rules/?utm_source=Agnewscenter&utm_medium=emailNewsletter&utm_campaign=email+top+story

Dang John
That is good news.
My previous post must have gotten hung up in a time space continuum as your's was not there when I pushed the button.

MistyMorning":1vtmf6cx said:
In the instance of this type of possible nonsensical legislation, IGNORE!
I smell a rat (or two). Betcha a bud light that your kid and mine are behind this little piece of government.
New bill trying to get fireworks legalized in Mn (the Wisconsin type), so I am guessing those 2 have moved on to other things.

angie":3logkcpp said:
MistyMorning":3logkcpp said:
In the instance of this type of possible nonsensical legislation, IGNORE!
I smell a rat (or two). Betcha a bud light that your kid and mine are behind this little piece of government.
New bill trying to get fireworks legalized in Mn (the Wisconsin type), so I am guessing those 2 have moved on to other things.

:shock: Dam, here all along I thought I just had to keep an eagle eye on the boys and booze! In a twisted way, I'm actually kinda proud of those kids, shows a lot of initiative on their part. :nod:

About the Amish coments earlier... My dad says the Amish are sore far behind they're ahead of us... Despite not being able to agree with their religious beliefs personally, I think as a community they're far ahead of any of the ones I've lived in... the Amish certainly aren't responsible for the stock market crashes, gigantic gov't debt, junkies on skid row in the cities, etc... And most of all, they aren't the ones making the mega-corporations and banks rich, and that's all good in my books