No inspection sticker required in Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
There will not be any more inspection stickers required. Inspection will still be required and documented. Then with the document in hand you can go to tax office and pay seven dollars extra for your registration sticker. Same cost as before because you paid seven dollars to the inspection shop. I think that the bottom line and reason for this is that in the future you will be charged for the miles driven and also pay the tax at the pump. This will answer the problem of no new taxes but will be a fee to drive on the Texas highways.

The reason I've heard is that it will save the cost of printing and distributing the stickers. I will accept that until/unless events prove otherwise.

TennesseeTuxedo":3afdv293 said:
Tennessee has never required inspection stickers to drive on the roads in this state.

Consequently you should see the junk heaps we have to put up with on our highways and bi-ways.

I agree mr clampett id be ashamed of driving a furd also.

M-5":1j0d59ls said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1j0d59ls said:
Tennessee has never required inspection stickers to drive on the roads in this state.

Consequently you should see the junk heaps we have to put up with on our highways and bi-ways.

Don't you have a rat-tailed bottle calf to tend to?

TennesseeTuxedo":1tny275z said:
M-5":1tny275z said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1tny275z said:

Don't you have a rat-tailed bottle calf to tend to?

rat tailed calf is doing fine, the bottle calf is different one. jethro

Not printing stickers will save Texas tax payers 2 million dollars, plus if it is not inspected you can not register the car, I have seen inspection stickers months and in some cases years outdated, It was a smart move to do this because now both will be due at the same time , It was no conspiracy involved in the Passing the law.

cowboy43":1jklkmbn said:
Not printing stickers will save Texas tax payers 2 million dollars, plus if it is not inspected you can not register the car, I have seen inspection stickers months and in some cases years outdated, It was a smart move to do this because now both will be due at the same time , It was no conspiracy involved in the Passing the law.

I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. Before this change you could get by with not getting your vehicle inspected as long as you didn't get caught. Now you'll have to have it inspected to get license plates.

We did away with the inspection years ago. Lights out and you get a ticket or warning. We pay fuel taxes and this is supposed to pay for our roads. We also have income tax. Tag tax. Property tax. Sales tax. Net worth tax. Intangible tax. License tax. A tax on each person you hire tax. Death tax. Which in theory is supposed to keep up our roads and stuff.

W. V. has inspection stickers but we still have junk heaps on our roads. that is if you can call them roads

The inspection rules are only as good as the inspector, lot of dishonest inspectors out there that don't follow the laws.

I couldn't tell any difference when they stopped making us have one. What's the point anyway other than generate more revenue?

Jogeephus":1arkz9jg said:
I couldn't tell any difference when they stopped making us have one. What's the point anyway other than generate more revenue?
None--revenue is always the driving force behind any policy.

greybeard":2p99ry4r said:
Jogeephus":2p99ry4r said:
None--revenue is always the driving force behind any policy.

And I was always under the impression it was WE THE PEOPLE so why on earth would WE do that to ourselves?!?! Or is the rumor correct about there not being any US in THEM? (sorry I'm just trying to get my head around this governmint thing)

The state of Texas gets $7.00 for each inspection and their are 8.8 million cars in Texas that amounts to about 60 million before administration cost.