No good deed goes unpunished

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I volunteered to help haul off a bunch of stuff from an elderly person's home who was unable to do it. It looked like this person was a borderline hoarder but I imagine if I live 86 years my home might look the same. I carried my trailer to the home and they filled it with a bunch of stuff she wanted hauled to the dump. In the lot was a case of liquor and a case of wine all aged long enough that the cardboard boxes had nearly deteriorated. I'm afraid I may pay for this act of charity many times over so I guess the old saying that no good deed goes unpunished rings true.

I had a similar thing happen a few years ago. It was a few cases of champagne and Jim beam from the 70s I believe. The champagne was absolutely ruined it was moldy and undrinkable but the Beam.......a friend recently showed me a picture she had saved on her phone of me in nothing but my boxer shorts soaking wet holding one of these vintage bottles of Jim Beam with a big grin on my face.

The Beam would have been quite the bonus. This old lady is a hoot and lived during the time where cocktail hour was an important event each day.

Jogeephus":1wc24yln said:
The Beam would have been quite the bonus. This old lady is a hoot and lived during the time where cocktail hour was an important event each day.
A really good friend would call this little old lady back and offer to haul off another load if she will just put it together.

Latest posts