No Ethannol Gas

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd said:
HDRider said:
hurleyjd said:
Takes big government to keep the USA going and I am not against if it helps everyone. Tell me some of the problems that big government has caused you. Some big projects from big government. Highway systems, TVA, Hoover Dam. going to the moon. Now Trump wants to go to the moon again will it take big government or small government. Small government comes from small minded people. Take big thinkers to keep America going. I try to do my small part. Time to open your mind and think what if.

I am proud to be in company with other small minded individuals....

Federalism
"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite." – James Madison, Federalist 45, 1788

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." – Tenth Amendment, 1791

"I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground that 'all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states or to the people.' To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress, is to take possession of a boundless field of power, not longer susceptible of any definition." – Thomas Jefferson, Opinion on the Constitutionality of a National Bank, 1791

Limited Government
"[T]he general government is not to be charged with the whole power of making and administering laws: its jurisdiction is limited to certain enumerated objects, which concern all the members of the republic, but which are not to be attained by the separate provisions of any." – James Madison, Federalist 14, 1787

"It will not be denied that power is of an encroaching nature and that it ought to be effectually restrained from passing the limits assigned to it." – James Madison, Federalist 48, 1788

"I own I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive." – Thomas Jefferson, Letter to James Madison, 1787

"The propriety of a law, in a constitutional light, must always be determined by the nature of the powers upon which it is founded." – Alexander Hamilton, Federalist 33, 1788
You are using statements made 303 years or so ago. Think where we would be if the states took up all of the laws to fit your statements. We would have 50 little countries each with laws to govern each country as their warlord dictated. Each country would be building walls to keep other countries citizens out. Every one would own a muzzle loading rifle, pistol or cannon as they see fit to own. These were the arms that the founding fathers only knew about. The eleven States of the Confederacy lasted 4 years and had their azz handed to them. Read here how the South planned to fund the confederacy.https://www.britannica.com/topic/Confederate-States-of-America. The US Supreme Court has a hard job trying to make the Constitution give the freedoms to everyone 303 year later and in 2019 that the constitution gives to everyone. It took a long time for the Constitution to be interpreted to let Women vote. 1n 1776 the motto of the United States was. "E Pluribus Unum". In 1956 the motto was changed to "In God We Trust". The great seal of the United States has an eagle having a banner in its beak that says "E Pluribus Unum" So as you should see America has been in a flux every since the day it was conceived.

I assume your "freedom of speech" you just typed was done with a printing press also , There is no way Our Funding Fathers could have dreamed up that every person has a personal printing press at their finger tips

M-5 said:
hurleyjd said:
HDRider said:

Federalism
"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite." – James Madison, Federalist 45, 1788

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." – Tenth Amendment, 1791

"I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground that 'all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states or to the people.' To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress, is to take possession of a boundless field of power, not longer susceptible of any definition." – Thomas Jefferson, Opinion on the Constitutionality of a National Bank, 1791

Limited Government
"[T]he general government is not to be charged with the whole power of making and administering laws: its jurisdiction is limited to certain enumerated objects, which concern all the members of the republic, but which are not to be attained by the separate provisions of any." – James Madison, Federalist 14, 1787

"It will not be denied that power is of an encroaching nature and that it ought to be effectually restrained from passing the limits assigned to it." – James Madison, Federalist 48, 1788

"I own I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive." – Thomas Jefferson, Letter to James Madison, 1787

"The propriety of a law, in a constitutional light, must always be determined by the nature of the powers upon which it is founded." – Alexander Hamilton, Federalist 33, 1788
You are using statements made 303 years or so ago. Think where we would be if the states took up all of the laws to fit your statements. We would have 50 little countries each with laws to govern each country as their warlord dictated. Each country would be building walls to keep other countries citizens out. Every one would own a muzzle loading rifle, pistol or cannon as they see fit to own. These were the arms that the founding fathers only knew about. The eleven States of the Confederacy lasted 4 years and had their azz handed to them. Read here how the South planned to fund the confederacy.https://www.britannica.com/topic/Confederate-States-of-America. The US Supreme Court has a hard job trying to make the Constitution give the freedoms to everyone 303 year later and in 2019 that the constitution gives to everyone. It took a long time for the Constitution to be interpreted to let Women vote. 1n 1776 the motto of the United States was. "E Pluribus Unum". In 1956 the motto was changed to "In God We Trust". The great seal of the United States has an eagle having a banner in its beak that says "E Pluribus Unum" So as you should see America has been in a flux every since the day it was conceived.

I assume your "freedom of speech" you just typed was done with a printing press also , There is no way Our Funding Fathers could have dreamed up that every person has a personal printing press at their finger tips

In the early fifties I would be arrested and hauled before Joseph McCarthy investigative panel to see if I was a communist because I might have questioned God. That was in 1956 when the motto was changed because every one in government voted for it and was afraid that they would be labeled Communist if they bucked McCarthy. We have a tendency to let the plenum swing back to a time that some freedoms and rights could be questioned because of some of the rights given us by the Constitution. One that could be in jeopardy is freedom to worship or not worship as our conscious dictates.

hurleyjd said:

The intent was to have as many laboratories of liberty as there were states. The state governments did provide all necessary government for their citizens outside of the limitations noted above by HDRider until the federal government usurped the power unconstitutionally.

With the kind of shark jumping to invoke imaginary warlards and walls around each state, Fonzi would be proud.

hurleyjd said:
HDRider said:
hurleyjd said:
Takes big government to keep the USA going and I am not against if it helps everyone. Tell me some of the problems that big government has caused you. Some big projects from big government. Highway systems, TVA, Hoover Dam. going to the moon. Now Trump wants to go to the moon again will it take big government or small government. Small government comes from small minded people. Take big thinkers to keep America going. I try to do my small part. Time to open your mind and think what if.

Federalism

Limited Government

You need to put that overactive imagination to work writing fiction novels.

Their ideas and ideals are timeless.

hurleyjd said:
Every one would own a muzzle loading rifle, pistol or cannon as they see fit to own. These were the arms that the founding fathers only knew about.
You don't think the founding fathers expected any progress to be made in the development of weapons? And besides you should do some research on the weapons that where available at the time I find some of them quite interesting! Especially since most people have never heard of a lot of them

HDRider said:
hurleyjd said:
You are using statements made 303 years or so ago. Think where we would be if the states took up all of the laws to fit your statements.

Constitution give the freedoms to everyone 303 year later and in 2019 that the constitution gives to everyone.
Actually been closer to 230 years than 303.

JMJ Farms said:
HDRider said:
hurleyjd said:
You are using statements made 303 years or so ago. Think where we would be if the states took up all of the laws to fit your statements.

Constitution give the freedoms to everyone 303 year later and in 2019 that the constitution gives to everyone.
Actually been closer to 230 years than 303.
You are right thanks for correcting me.

hurleyjd said:
The new Murphy Service station opened last week. Was surprised to be able to buy no ethanol gas for just 20 cents more that the 87 e10. I will start buying the no ethanol gas and use in all of my vehicles. Need to stick it to the corn farmers. Both were 87 octane.

I've always bought it were it's not cheap I use it in my saws and blowers etc

[/quote]

Yes. We even have a club. But we never meet or even talk to each other because we hate each other so much.
[/quote]

Yeah my procrastinator 's club has a similar problem. If we could just have that first meeting, but it keeps getting postponed.

Aaron said:
Hook2.0 said:
:lol:

Yes. We even have a club. But we never meet or even talk to each other because we hate each other so much.

If you hate each other and you have a club, any meeting could get to be brutal and bloody. Hitting each other with that club. It is probably best if you don't meet.

ez14. said:
hurleyjd said:
Every one would own a muzzle loading rifle, pistol or cannon as they see fit to own. These were the arms that the founding fathers only knew about.
You don't think the founding fathers expected any progress to be made in the development of weapons? And besides you should do some research on the weapons that where available at the time I find some of them quite interesting! Especially since most people have never heard of a lot of them

Could you list some of these weapons you find interesting.

People could literally own a canon, or a hundred canons at the time of the writing of the Constitution. I think they knew what they were talking about.
FYI: The Constitution only protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms, not the Government. So technically the US government is breaking the law by putting restrictions on US citizen's ownership of guns, and armament.

hurleyjd said:
ez14. said:
hurleyjd said:

Could you list some of these weapons you find interesting.
Here is one

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belton_flintlock

And there are various other multi shoot guns that were around at the time (different early model revolvers as well as some other different styles that are not really around any more)

Latest posts