No Dentist Left Behind

Help Support CattleToday:

I couldn't help but respond to this. My wife of 15 years has been going to school off and on since before we were married. This year she got her masters as required and this will probably be the last year she teaches, as she is actively looking for something different. My wife loves teaching the kids (can't deal with a lot of the parents). She started at her current school about 8 years ago. This is the school where her father was suprintendent for many years (the gym is named for him). When she started she was teaching special ed 1st thru 6th grade. She had 8 to 10 students with a teachers aide. My wife still teaches special ed, but she now has 26 students with a part time teachers aide. She doesn't usually get home before 7 or 8 at night, she leaves at 7:00 in the morning. She now is on blood pressure medication, and stress medication. My wife loves to teach even though with a masters and 8 years at the present school her salary is $30,000 per year, and out of this she has to pay union dues to a union she doesn't agree with and one that she doesn't want to support. By contrast I don't have a degree and made almost 3 times that last year at my non farm job. In my opinion our country is in desperate states when it comes to teachers. We need to place the blame for the state of our schools where it belongs, federal and state control (no child left behind is one size fits all). Remember the days of local school control where reading, writing, and arithmetic were taught. Now we have to teach feelings, political correctness, and a lot of b.s. that most parents don't agree with. Teachers aren't supposed to use red pens to correct a paper because you might hurt the childs feelings. I'm sad to see her leave the profession, but as a husband who cares about his wife and her health I'll be glad to see her find a job with a little less stress.

Latest posts