NJW Z17 Vaquero 25C

Help Support CattleToday:

Glenvale

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience or comments on a bull called NJW Z17 Vaquero 25C? Would be interested in any background on his impact, including strengths and weaknesses, thickness, daughter performance and udders. He seems interesting.

I've owned a couple of cows out of the Circle-D 832W line that were tremendous mothers. Both big, wide sprung rib cages and hellacious milkers. Both could calve a 90 or 100lb calf with ease and give it the milk it needed to grow. Large cows though, but I have a couple of more moderate framed daughters in the herd now that work really well and still have the milk.

I used 25C in the mid 90's. One of the first bull polled bulls I used. In my opinion, he will absolutely correct udders, add pigment, correctness and the cows were fertile. Probably the biggest drawback was their overall lack of thickness. They certainly didn't cause any problems for me. His sire might be a bull that should be in use today.

Brian

Thanks for the tips- much appreciated. He seems like he might do a few things right by the sound of it, if joined the right way to smaller, thicker types of cows. I liked what I could infer about him, so great to hear your experience that he does things right as a cow maker with correct, fertile daughters too. His sire was never directly used here in Australia, but we did have some using Southern Cross's materal grandsire, Braxton Beau 64.

I think 832W might be heterozygous polled from the shot of L1 Pacesetter- do you know if Vaquero will take all the horns off horned cows?

Latest posts