NJW Trust or Hoffman Redeem

Help Support CattleToday:

shadyhollownj

Reaction score
Any thoughts or experience with these bulls. I noticed in hoffmans sale the redeem calves didnt sell as high as others but I like his look.

I have a Redeem son. I will have his first calves come Feb/March. I'll let you know how they progress. My Redeem bull is moderate framed, thick, nicely marked and very docile. He handled the heat very well this summer AND all the cows he was with came in bred! None were open.

What I know about Redeem is that he'll throw average birthweights but they'll wean heavy. I think Redeem is also homozygous polled. That was a plus to me. I'd say give him a try.

I went to the Jenson Bros sale when they sold Redeem and several of his calves. I thought they were really impressive. I bought a cow and she had a Redeem heifer calf in April and I really like her, made very sound and she has grown very well. I think the Trust bull has a lot of potential as well, I have seen calves in sale catalogs but none in person.

Makes me wonder why I havent heard or seen many redeem calves since he is 5 years old. I think I may still try him out. Thanks guys.

I haven't used either bull, but they are both on my "watchlist". I've seen pictures of a number of good looking calves out of both. And I think either bull should be a good choice - depending on what you are breeding them to and what your goals are.

George

I have used both bulls and will continue to use both bulls. Last year I showed a redeem daughter I got out of the Jensen sale.

I would say redeem will tend to be a little shorter fronted compared to trust cattle. However, trust seems to be a little longer jointed. I like to think of him as an angus bull painted up to look like a hereford. I think there is a place for both of these bulls in the breed as they will sire very useful type of cattle.

Both will be very maternal and deep bodied.

My pick to use is Redeem.

CMAHerefords":awaapzqy said:
I have used both bulls and will continue to use both bulls. Last year I showed a redeem daughter I got out of the Jensen sale.

I would say redeem will tend to be a little shorter fronted compared to trust cattle. However, trust seems to be a little longer jointed. I like to think of him as an angus bull painted up to look like a hereford. I think there is a place for both of these bulls in the breed as they will sire very useful type of cattle.

Both will be very maternal and deep bodied.

My pick to use is Redeem.

Scary thought!

If you want the hereford advantage use hereford bulls with breed character that looks and breeds like a hereford!

Wanted to throw this thread back out there. I see that NJW Homegrown won denver this year for their second year in a row winning. Two things. First he is out of wonder and people say wonder has terrible feet. I know most show bulls cant walk so that may not mean wonders calves are better than him. Second all these bulls come from kcf bennet 3008 m326. My thinking is do you just use m326 who is already proven instead of using these bulls with such high semen and cert costs. I gotta say all my research I still kinda like redeem and his cow family but what do I know.

Good to know. Keep us posted. I know there is several guys interested. I like the googles of trust and the p606 but I am still leaning redeem I think.

We sampled Redeem and have 6 or 8 bull calves and 2 heifer calves by him born this fall. They came extremely small and are growing very well. So far so good here! Never used Trust but have really considered him.