Nissan Titan

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm a used truckd dealer,TRUCKS UNLIMITED INC., and the titan is one of my slowest full size import seller. They get some of the worst gas milage in its class and i spend more on recon. than I do american trucks. I'd stick with a GM. Best fuel milage and highest resale.

I bought the Nissan from one of my hay customers that sells used cars and you are right, the resale was real cheap, not many people want them. I bought mine for $16000 with 18 K on it. It is a full size extended cab 4x4. That was 4 k cheaper then I paid for my GMC 2500 with 42 K already on it. So I thought for a light truck for running around that was a really good deal and I am sure in comparison to the other half tons that performance is just as good. All the half tons made right now are maxed out pretty much on what you can get out of them before having to move to a bigger class. I am using my every day for pulling loaded hay wagons of round bales and hauling cargo with off road in alot of mud and snow and it is perfoming great. I am not worried about resale cause no way some one would buy a pickup from me after I get done with them.

Rod":2qmdukfl said:
I'm a used truckd dealer,TRUCKS UNLIMITED INC., and the titan is one of my slowest full size import seller. They get some of the worst gas milage in its class and i spend more on recon. than I do american trucks. I'd stick with a GM. Best fuel milage and highest resale.
What engines do you compare gas mileage with.

hayray":1a9abo26 said:
Rod":1a9abo26 said:
What engines do you compare gas mileage with.

I am comparing to the Tundra, Z71, Ram, and F150. The 5.3 in the Z71 has the best gas milage and highest resale on the market.

Rod":2u4kz0fj said:
The 5.3 in the Z71 has the best gas milage and highest resale on the market.

I won't debate gas mileage, mainly because I don't know much about gas engined trucks and their fuel economy. However, if you're concerned about resale, its best to look around your area and see what sells and for how much. In my area, you can't give away a used Chevy, but Dodge holds their resale well, with Ford following along behind. The main reason is service, not due to any particular quality issue. Our area sports one of Western Canada's highest volume Dodge truck dealerships, with a decent service centre to back up the sales guys. Thats reflected in the resale. Drive 60 miles away though, and Ford rules the roost. Once again, because of an exceptional service department at their local Ford dealership.

Caveat: In a large centre with several of each dealer, you won't see as much regional pricing and prices tend to the national average, which, in the gas market, means that Chev will likely come out on top. Except for diesels: The Cummins is the nationwide average champ for resale.

Rod, just out of curiosity, have you seen the Chevy values take a dump at all, with regards to Chev's financial woes? I know all used markets are down, but I was curious if Chev was taking a worse pounding in your area?

Rod

DiamondSCattleCo":1w4aepwn said:
Rod":1w4aepwn said:
The 5.3 in the Z71 has the best gas milage and highest resale on the market.

I won't debate gas mileage, mainly because I don't know much about gas engined trucks and their fuel economy. However, if you're concerned about resale, its best to look around your area and see what sells and for how much. In my area, you can't give away a used Chevy, but Dodge holds their resale well, with Ford following along behind. The main reason is service, not due to any particular quality issue. Our area sports one of Western Canada's highest volume Dodge truck dealerships, with a decent service centre to back up the sales guys. Thats reflected in the resale. Drive 60 miles away though, and Ford rules the roost. Once again, because of an exceptional service department at their local Ford dealership.

Caveat: In a large centre with several of each dealer, you won't see as much regional pricing and prices tend to the national average, which, in the gas market, means that Chev will likely come out on top. Except for diesels: The Cummins is the nationwide average champ for resale.

Rod, just out of curiosity, have you seen the Chevy values take a dump at all, with regards to Chev's financial woes? I know all used markets are down, but I was curious if Chev was taking a worse pounding in your area?

Rod
I wish your market was closer! Chevy's top the sales around here in half tons, then fords and dodges follow. I will say there is an exception when it comes to the diesel's. The only thing that holds the cummings back in my area are the automatic transmissons, if I get one in a standard then it will be busting bugs in no time. The ford 6.0 is a nightmare and i will not stock one unless its in warranty so i can send them straight to the ford dealer when it melts down.

Its going to sound crazy but our used market is strong around here. With the drop in gas prices the truck prices have went through the roof and you cant get enough of them because the new dealers are so slow there's a shortage of trade-ins. Alot of people in my area that used to buy new are now buying used and then you through income tax returns in the mix and you cant keep used trucks on the lot.As far as the whole GM thing I can't figure it out. They are strong as ever at the sales and I have to pay over book to get one. It's still the number one seller in half tons and smaller trucks in my area. GO FIGURE?

Latest posts