Nikkis breeder takes it again !

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Ben helps Dale Montgomery to a sublime sixth world stock dog title .

Congratulations to Ben and Dale ! :clap:

http://news.calgarystampede.com/News/La ... fault.aspx

Just have to add a pic of my baby, she has become an incredible stock dog.
Nikki ,taking time to smell the flowers :heart:
269809_2098832147110_1134577259_2507675_8307162_n.jpg

3waycross":6fviz7em said:
WOW!!!!!!!! Did she ever turn out beautiful. Is she all done with her surgeries?

Thanks 3way ,she is a total heart grabber .
She goes into be spayed this month and we will go from there.

We will let you pro's do the breeding , and are very content to buy them from you :D Cattle are a handful enough ,but the breeding pups, competing, all the "stuff" that is put into them . No thanks :lol:

Thank you . :)
We are kind of partial to her ourselves . Hubby keeps calling me a dog hog . :lol2:

She is the smartest do I have worked with to date, everything comes so very easy for her. It is a dream to train her as she catches on so very quickly and she never quits no matter how often I lose my patience. It is very interesting to see the way she works the bulls, the calves , the cows, and then the whole herd as a group. How the heck she knows all of this on her own is beyond me. I guess some things are just bred into you (inherited form good genes).

We are still in need of another pup ,so we are thinking of a Ben or Zip pup in 2012 . Nikki will be able to help train by then and it should take the work load off of her a bit too.

I am very partial to Sam too. He is my buddy and I think thats his problem. Sent him to a trainer and he did great. He works great with the trainer! Get him home and NADA. Go back to the trainer and he does great. Back home and nothing. He is very intelligent, I just can't figure it out. I guess we will just be buds.

Isomade":2n7qbrj3 said:
I am very partial to Sam too. He is my buddy and I think thats his problem. Sent him to a trainer and he did great. He works great with the trainer! Get him home and NADA. Go back to the trainer and he does great. Back home and nothing. He is very intelligent, I just can't figure it out. I guess we will just be buds.

That might be the problem Iso, you are a buddy and not a "parent" or the alpha male to Sam.
I am mom to Nikki ,also THE boss . I have been very strict from day one where it counted ,yet very loving when she needs it. Just like a parent should be to their children, never a buddy. If your dog is as smart as he sounds you might be better off treating him like a small child. I know it sounds crazy but with pups as smart as these you need to respect their intelligence and treat them accordingly. I do know Nikki is a dog, but to relate to her and train her I have to remember that they are a very intelligent dog. Just a suggestion, it is worth a try . Nothing better than having you best bud working along side with you. If it doesn't work, you will still have your buddy . :D

hillsdown":2159oznj said:
Isomade":2159oznj said:

That might be the problem Iso, you are a buddy and not a "parent" or the alpha male to Sam.
I am mom to Nikki ,also THE boss . I have been very strict from day one where it counted ,yet very loving when she needs it. Just like a parent should be to their children, never a buddy. If your dog is as smart as he sounds you might be better off treating him like a small child. I know it sounds crazy but with pups as smart as these you need to respect their intelligence and treat them accordingly. I do know Nikki is a dog, but to relate to her and train her I have to remember that they are a very intelligent dog. Just a suggestion, it is worth a try . Nothing better than having you best bud working along side with you. If it doesn't work, you will still have your buddy . :D
I know what you mean. I don't think it's Sams fault at all, it's mine. Another big problem is I have no experience with stock dogs period. When I get better Sam will be fine.

Latest posts