night time visitor

Help Support CattleToday:

My little alpaca was way more fierce than than our llama, he cackled all of the time at wild animals and ran everything off from unwanted strays to foxes and coyotes. Even neighbors a mile away didn't have coyotes anymore ,sure wish my llama would pic up where Al left off. :roll: Marshmallow just watches them walk right by him and does nothing :mad:

john250":3u9yvtym said:
Based on that last pic, the "Grinch" illustration in "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" is based on an Alpaca.

She looks alot like Al Capone ,he always had a funny look on his face like something was perplexing him or like Marshmallow just let one go . :lol: :lol2:

Hope she is settling nicely with you and all of the critters Keren . :)

We have a family of foxes in the garden a few houses down from us, the cubs come into the garden and fight each other and tear the socks off of the line if they can reach and it is funny watching them play, they have never attacked the cat, (or there would be a few dead foxes about) vet told us they will not go for an adult cat or anything that size or above. not sure I beleive that though. I agree with you they are nice looking animals if only they were not such pests. I have had many a face to face close up of them.
Hope your Alpaca works.

Thanks chrissy, australian foxes definitely go for lambs, kids (baby goats not baby people) and poultry. They can devastate a flock at lambing time. The funny lopsided smile is because she needs her teeth trimmed, which will happen at shearing time in about a month. She's finally starting to settle in, I didn't have to chase her to bed last night, soon as she saw me she came over and walked into the night yard. She's also grazing closer to the goats so starting to bond. All in all, looking good :)

Good news, today jules grazed right alongside the goats, so she's definitely bonded. I was able to catch her this afternoon, halter her, vaccinate and drench her. She's pretty pissed off with me. No spit though which is always nice.

tsmaxx47":1j77nrv1 said:
I let the dog out and he just wanted to be friends with the fox :)

get a jack russell[/quote]

Fyi; they are called simmis or mini simmis in australia! :banana: :banana: :banana: \ :banana: :banana:

We seem to be getting more foxes every year, possibly due in part to the idiots who trap urban foxes and release them on the farms! We shot 98 last year, and are already more than half that total this year, with all the poultry and pigs free range, and all lambing taking place on the downs, there is plenty for them to snack on.

andybob":31lbfz15 said:
We seem to be getting more foxes every year, possibly due in part to the idiots who trap urban foxes and release them on the farms! We shot 98 last year, and are already more than half that total this year, with all the poultry and pigs free range, and all lambing taking place on the downs, there is plenty for them to snack on.

Brings to mind the term "Target Rich Environment"...........sweet! Do you use a supressor?

3Way, we are not allowed supressors, gun regulations are very strict no handguns, no self loading rifles or pump action shotguns allowed. Because I have a legitimate reason for owning firearms and a good military service, I have no problem getting licensed.

andybob":3mm4essr said:
3Way, we are not allowed supressors, gun regulations are very strict no handguns, no self loading rifles or pump action shotguns allowed. Because I have a legitimate reason for owning firearms and a good military service, I have no problem getting licensed.

I get an on line shooting magazine from England and that's all they do is promote supressors so that someone like you can shoot all those varmints without disturbing the neighbors. It was my impression that they were encouraged over there.

The police are against them due to the growing poaching problems, I had an air rifle that came with one, but was told at the gun shop they were not permitted on the rifles due to poaching problems, might just be they didn't want to sell one to someone with a strange accent? lol.

Latest posts