Nice work Charlie Hebdo

Help Support CattleToday:

I never once fell for that stupid "I'm with Charlie" bullcrap that was going around because they're just arseholes.. I called them that when they made their deliberately offensive comics about muslims, and it holds true this time as well.

Nesikep":3g46b5c2 said:
I never once fell for that stupid "I'm with Charlie" bullcrap that was going around because they're just arseholes.. I called them that when they made their deliberately offensive comics about muslims, and it holds true this time as well.

You got the idea. That publication earns its profits on the platform on being offensive and it does not matter whether they offend right or left. The best way to handle them is not to provide any publicity. Remember, their strategy is to create "negative" publicity. Oddly, people buy their trash to read something outrageous. Humans are strange animals!

Nesi:

They paid an extremely dear price for the Anti Muslim satire. They have been bombed twice. Once killing 11 of their staff including the director. It was over this cartoon

1565kjs.jpg

I thought it was over a different one.. that one isn't that offensive.. "100 lashings of the whip if you don't die of laughter"

Apparently they're slow learners.

As has been said here before, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Nesikep":2vltp1vq said:
I thought it was over a different one.. that one isn't that offensive.. "100 lashings of the whip if you don't die of laughter"

I think it's the fact that it's supposed to be Muhammed or something like that. They play a dangerous game, and whatever anyone feels about freedom of the press, not everyone plays by those rules. I can't for the life of me figure out why people would read that or support it, but people also read MAD magazine, so.....

Bestoutwest":3o5c4xeo said:
Nesikep":3o5c4xeo said:

I think it's the fact that it's supposed to be Muhammed or something like that. They play a dangerous game, and whatever anyone feels about freedom of the press, not everyone plays by those rules. I can't for the life of me figure out why people would read that or support it, but people also read MAD magazine, so.....

Yes. It was suppose to be denigration of Muhammad. Remember, France has a very large Muslim population. The Islamic population there harbors a radical faction. CH denigrates all religions, they don't just focus on Islam.

I can't remember the details of it, but the CH comic I saw was far more offensive.

Surrey BC has a huge east indian population... so much so it's usually called Curry.

Nesikep":31cewgkc said:
I can't remember the details of it, but the CH comic I saw was far more offensive.

Surrey BC has a huge east indian population... so much so it's usually called Curry.

Yes. There were other cartoons on the cover that offended Islam and the material inside was even worse.

On the original comic and subsequent attack..
I have freedom of speech, and I have the right to remain silent.
I have the right to tell someone their wife is a wh0re, heck, it might even be true, but I'm smart enough not to, because I know I'll get my teeth smashed out 5 out of 10 times by the husband, and another 5 out of 10 times by the wife!

What's the end game to this? the only one I can see is dividing people up deliberately while the important issues, laws, etc don't make headlines and get slipped by.