Nice Shot

Help Support CattleToday:

JWBrahman

Reaction score
Congratulations to the LEO who shot DiMaggio in Idaho, you saved the taxpayers a fortune.

I'm already hearing (reading) some really disturbing conspiracy theories about this whole thing...none of it negative as far as LEO this time.
It takes 2 to conspire and 2 can indeed keep a secret providing one of them is dead.

I haven't kept up with the story enough to give any of it much thought tho---but nothing surprises me any more.

greybeard":eq9lueki said:
I'm already hearing (reading) some really disturbing conspiracy theories about this whole thing...none of it negative as far as LEO this time.
It takes 2 to conspire and 2 can indeed keep a secret providing one of them is dead.

I haven't kept up with the story enough to give any of it much thought tho---but nothing surprises me any more.
Greybeard, I've been watching this pretty closely from the get-go. When they sent out the Amber Alerts, heading north, I didn't discount Idaho. And I'm familiar with the area they were found. What have you heard on "conspiracy" story???????

Well, I didn't follow the story from the beginning or the search for her, but the gist of the "stories" are that she wasn't 'exactly' an unwilling companion in this jaunt thru the wild and wooley backcountry. So far, no one has postulated that she had anything to do with the deaths, but I figure that will be the next rattle out of the rumor box.

greybeard":klz7hb0p said:
Well, I didn't follow the story from the beginning or the search for her, but the gist of the "stories" are that she wasn't 'exactly' an unwilling companion in this jaunt thru the wild and wooley backcountry. So far, no one has postulated that she had anything to do with the deaths, but I figure that will be the next rattle out of the rumor box.
I'll ask again . . . what are the sources or where did you come by the "stories" ? That is a very nasty rumor to spread w/ -0- info to back it up.

You asked--I told you.
Didn't say I believed it. I explained already it was out of the ever-present rumor mills all over the net--blogs, comments--you know-------The Usual Suspects.

greybeard":37vwcxja said:
You asked--I told you.
Didn't say I believed it. I explained already it was out of the ever-present rumor mills all over the net--blogs, comments--you know-------The Usual Suspects.
Speculation only, then. The "What Iff'ers?"

Speculation--yeah I guess--much like when the police don't really know anything about a crime and go by a "hunch". Sometimes they're right on the money--sometimes not even in the ballpark. Your guess is as good as mine.
I do remember the Patty Hearst thing, where she was "kidnapped" then the next thing you know, she's robbing banks and helping plan explosions with her "captors"--the Symbonese Liberation Army. Stockholm Syndrome they call it.

greybeard":4juvwyb1 said:
Speculation--yeah I guess--much like when the police don't really know anything about a crime and go by a "hunch". Sometimes they're right on the money--sometimes not even in the ballpark. Your guess is as good as mine.
I do remember the Patty Hearst thing, where she was "kidnapped" then the next thing you know, she's robbing banks and helping plan explosions with her "captors"--the Symbonese Liberation Army. Stockholm Syndrome they call it.
Patty Hearst, well pasty 16 yrs of age, was gone for a long time -- months? years? Heather in CA was missing for 5 days. Not the same. Makes me sick that anyone would think a 16 year old, a baby, would be complicit in this. And if the arrows aren't pointing at her, who else would be the complicit people? Sick minds dream up this shyyt when they have nothing else to do.

Per San Diego Union Tribune newspaper, today: Two days after kidnap victim Hannah Anderson was rescued in the Idaho wilderness, the Lakeside teenager took to the Internet answering questions about her weeklong ordeal, the man who abducted her and the killings of her mother and little brother.

Hannah said longtime family friend James Lee DiMaggio, 40, tricked her family into visiting his Boulevard home, then he tied up her mother, Christina Anderson, 44, and brother Ethan, 8, in the garage, and kidnapped her.

Hannah said that she was "on the road to Idaho" with him, when the fire started Sunday, Aug. 4, at the house. She said he apparently rigged the buildings so a fire would start at a certain time.

The statistics for teenage runaways is pretty grim, with (depending which set of statistics you read) either 1 in 5 or 1 in 7 will run away with 75% of those being female. Average age--16. Most have the help of an older teen or an adult.

Again, I didn't keep up with the story and haven't read the timeline, but from posts elsewhere, it appears the adult man did the murders. I had assumed the girl was in school at the time.
However, parricide (murder of parents by their offspring) is not all that uncommon and it's one of the only lethal felonies that is growing, instead of dropping. Matricide is not unheard of either--the killing of a mother by one or more of their offspring.

In November 2011, the Department of Justice released its annual homicide statistics, which revealed that while homicide across the country has fallen in almost every other category since 1980, the number of parents killed by their children is growing as a percentage of family homicides. In 2008, FBI data show that at least 117 mothers were killed by their children, and according to statistician Erica Smith at the Bureau of Justice Statistics, that number could be as high as 260, which would make it the highest number of matricides since 1991.
girls who kill their mothers

And, it's not just murder or running away. I picked one state to check out--Colorado.
For every 100,000 residents, there are 18.4 people serving life sentences without parole for felony convictions committed while they were teenagers age 14-17. Colo isn't the worst example either--there are 12 other states where the statistics for those convictions show a higher ratio. And that's only ones age 14-17. (14 is the min age most states allow "children" to be tried as adults and not juveniles) That 18.4:100,000 isn't the ratio for teen felonies--that's the ratio for felonies severe enough to get a life without parole sentence. The teen felony ratio is much much higher, and teen crime overall is the fastest growing demographic in the country.
So, as in all things, I tend to keep an open mind on things--a free thinker. Did this teen do anything wrong? Probably not, but I know that anyone, at any time, at almost any age and for any reason, (or no reason) , is "capable" of doing virtually anything---to anyone.