Nice forum/rude forum

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan

Reaction score
I would like to say that I appreciate the kindness of everyone on this forum. I realize that some feel it gets a little heated here sometimes, but there's nothing wrong with a good debate at times.

Anyway, I've been on this forum for around 5 years and have enjoyed it. The other day, I just found myself wondering if there were any other good cattle forums out there. Wouldn't it be great to be on another great cattle forum. So, I found one. The first issue I put out was the fact that my cows weren't having calves when I feel they should, and I told them about how my grandfather did things so differently.

Some of my comments were misinterpreted, and that was the rudest bunch I've encountered. It appears that hobby farmers like me give real ranchers a bad name, and that people like me should just sell their herd. They gave statistics from the 80s about how a certain percent of people with cattle didn't even have a trailer or head chute(I guess that's bad). They also wrote that the hillbilly generations of the past couldn't count to two. I guess that was in reference to my grandfather. I could go on.

You guys may have thought the same things, but I'm glad you were adult about it and were nice. Being nice just can't be beaten.

I saw your post there and thought that you might not like the answers you get. Your operation and issues are something which are totally foreign to them thus the answers you got. Actually it is not a bad place to learn but mostly by just reading what they have to say and applying what works in your own operation. But they are a bunch of strong willed people and there are some knock down drag out battle that go on there at times.

Cross-7":2loaratx said:
M-5":2loaratx said:
Where is this place , I'm always up for a fight

Not you're not !
You fight like a girl :D

No, no, no. He fights like a transvestite. You have a certain expectation, but once he starts talking, he scares everyone away. :D

I hate drama, that's one of the reasons I appreciate Macon having the rules he does for this forum.

jedstivers":o993ysbk said:
Well where is the other one? I'm game, I don't have a problem telling someone where to go and what to do while they are going there.

I'm with you Jed
Like water off a ducks back :tiphat:

greybeard":17xoddgi said:
Did the words "pumped up" play a part in all this?

Yes, and nothing was intended by it. I was just using it as a figure of speech. Apparently it has some meaning that I'm not aware of. Even so, they were a rude bunch.

The world is full of people that are missing something in their life. It could be a broken relationship, it could be a lot of things. The bottom line is, thay'd rather tear down than build. Rather than fill the void in their life, it's more appealing to knock a whole in someone else's. Misery loves company so to speak.

I hate drama when I can't have my say in it!.. That said, I don't go out of my way to offend people (there are exceptions.. and they're very clear), but don't go out of my way to sugar coat things.

Courtesy costs nothing and usually pays dividends.

Take everything with a grain of salt, these discussions are for entertainment only. Just an observation:
Go look at the photos. The funny, easy going guys tend to be one kind of person and the bitter, wake up miserable and it goes downhill from there guys are a different looking crowd.

JWBrahman":2spefzq8 said:
Courtesy costs nothing and usually pays dividends.
Just an observation:
Go look at the photos. The funny, easy going guys tend to be one kind of person and the bitter, wake up miserable and it goes downhill from there guys are a different looking crowd.

Yeah--another observation--take it for what it's worth:

Everytime some awful heinous crime is committed, the first thing all the family and friends say is how wonderful and nice the guy was. "Why he was just SOO nice-always with a smile and always said hello in the morning--helped me take my trash to the curb and brought me my paper--I would just never have imagined he could kill his family and all those people--those poor kids--I feel so sorry for them".

I've read it dozens of times.

Latest posts