nhc / amc wipeout

Help Support CattleToday:

angus9259

Reaction score
Every single cow I had that tested positive for am or nh produced a positive calf. So much for odds.

Ouch is right that hurts. :eek: :( I only have one more to test for AMC and I'll be all free hopefully. Although, I hear that FCS will be a lot worse when the test for it is available. :roll:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":36x6r7hj said:
Were they all bred to a "free" bull?

Yes - strictly 50/50 chances
smnherf":36x6r7hj said:
Sorry for your bad luck but are you talking 2 of 2 , 3 or 3 or 15 of 15?

5/5 - not as bad as it could have been I suppose.

SFFarms":2e2r6g7d said:
Ouch is right that hurts. :eek: :( I only have one more to test for AMC and I'll be all free hopefully. Although, I hear that FCS will be a lot worse when the test for it is available. :roll:

this is honestly insane.

I bought 5 integrity daughters at the svf dispersal before NH was announced. 3 of 5 are carriers. two heifer calves from the two carriers are both carriers.

fortunately cull cow prices are so high . . . at least I'll make 10% of my money back . . . forgot I had to feed them this long . . . forget the 10%

angus9259":111knky8 said:
SFFarms":111knky8 said:

this is honestly insane.

Yes, it's insane. Unfortunately I think it's going to affect alot more than AM and NH did. From what I know now, none of my cows are out of the woods. :help: I was doing so good too, no AM or NH. :cry2:

When AM came out I was all "keep your chin up . . . we'll get through this . . ."

NH came out and the positive attitude subsided as the wheels began to come off the car.

FC . . . the car's caught fire

People in the know keep having these sales too . . . I typically give people a great deal of "benefit of the doubt" but if AAA leadership knows things prior to their sales and don't reveal AT LEAST what they know . . . the ethical deficit is mind numbing.

Some people know ALOT more than others, and I'm glad I talked to them! :nod: