NH Workmaster 50 tractors?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Anyone got any experience with the Workmaster series? Saw a used one advertised and tried to check on it but it was sold. Found out they are running a special on new ones. The new emissions stuff worries me, but buying a piece of junk scares me too. The prices I see on some of the old iron in poor shape is really high.

tom4018":3408hxog said:
Anyone got any experience with the Workmaster series? Saw a used one advertised and tried to check on it but it was sold. Found out they are running a special on new ones. The new emissions stuff worries me, but buying a piece of junk scares me too. The prices I see on some of the old iron in poor shape is really high.

don't even mention emissions crap to me... I will probably keep buying old tractors and if need be rebuild motors BAD EXPERIENCE with new emissions crap

What kind of prices you are seeing on the Workmaster 50? I just got some prices this week to window shop new tractors as I'm looking to upgrade from the Kubota L4310. After I got the prices, I've decided on used. No way I would spend this much money on a new tractor.

New Holland Workmaster 50 with loader and 2 rear remotes

2wd: $29,255 plus tax

4wd: $33,255 plus tax

MudHog":2qrdh8wx said:
What kind of prices you are seeing on the Workmaster 50? I just got some prices this week to window shop new tractors as I'm looking to upgrade from the Kubota L4310. After I got the prices, I've decided on used. No way I would spend this much money on a new tractor.

New Holland Workmaster 50 with loader and 2 rear remotes

2wd: $29,255 plus tax

4wd: $33,255 plus tax
I only priced 2wd $15,600 for tractor. $21,500 with loader, bucket,spear and fluid.

Wow! At that price I would be considering new. I've been eyeing a couple John Deere tractors used in the $10k to $16k range. The $10k has remotes and no loader. The $16k has loader and no remotes. Both right at 1000 hours.

MudHog":1dgapyx4 said:
Wow! At that price I would be considering new. I've been eyeing a couple John Deere tractors used in the $10k to $16k range. The $10k has remotes and no loader. The $16k has loader and no remotes. Both right at 1000 hours.
NH just started a special on the 2wd this week, so if you priced before that it would make a difference.

What model JD's you looking at? I have been looking for a used one also. Found one JD for about $17,000 with loader and remotes, with 840 or so hours. Little less HP than I want though.
Had a guy tell me about a McCormick today with only 220 hours on it, 4wd, loader and 55 hp for $20,000. I don't know much about them though.

JD 5105 is the remotes no loader

5203 is the loader no remotes

the same guy has a Workmaster 55 4wd with loader and 1 remote, 150 hours for $24,900

MudHog":yi79ui9s said:
JD 5105 is the remotes no loader

5203 is the loader no remotes

the same guy has a Workmaster 55 4wd with loader and 1 remote, 150 hours for $24,900
I was thinking about a 5103, they want $16,750 for it with a new loader on it. 2005 model.